TP-027, Jerry Garcia / David Grisman wins a Writer's Choice Award from Myles Astor of Positive Feedback Online

Author Topic: 600 Tape Project forum members!  (Read 8809 times)

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
600 Tape Project forum members!
« on: July 28, 2009, 08:18:29 PM »
I can't freakin believe it! Sure, I realize that there are a number of folks that became members to get advice on doing one repair on their machines  and others who were just curious. But that's still a lot of folks who know the difference between a tape lifter and capstan! Honestly, back when there were only about 40 of us here (and that was a while too) there was no way I thought that we'd every reach 500 members.

I hope that this forum will always be a friendly place full of generous folks like it is now.
I'd like those members who are new to reel to reel to feel free to ask questions and I'll always try my best to help you. After all, I'm really not that far ahead of you on the curve. I just post a lot.
And you guys that are real experts from the industry or otherwise, please correct me when I get something wrong or totally out of proportion. I promise not to cry.

So, here's to the 5xx members of this sainted forum (members tip your glasses or pipes or whatever floats your boat).

Here comes Series 2!!!!
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline jcmusic

• View Profile
Re: 600 Tape Project forum members!
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 11:11:10 PM »
Steve do you happen to know how many subscribers we have? Just curious.

Jay
Redpoint Model D TT/Soundsmith Sotto Voce Cartridge Otari MX 5050 BII/BH Tube Repro deHavilland Model 222
 Ah Njoe Tjoeb 4000, Rogue Magnum 99, Korneff 45 SET Amp, Klipsch K-Horns Bass Bins/2" Tractrix Horns 2" BMS Drivers, Vintage Tubes.

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 11:25:00 PM »
Nope,
I keep hoping that Doc will let enough info slip out to calculate that number.
But if I figured that out he'd put me back under that staircase with the black beetles!
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline Ben

• Bring on the music
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 12:46:19 AM »
Umm just remember to rose colored glasses on when you eat the insects,
like the typical mad doctor from many horror type films. :)
Set 45,Open baffle speakers,Otari 5050,,Pioneer DV-79AVi DVD/CD/SCAD player

Offline Romo

• Michael Romanowski
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • tapeproject
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 02:35:20 AM »
Thanks you to all of the forum members who visit us here. It is most awesome that so many music lovers have joined binary hands to enjoy and celebrate the sound of very little bits of metal stuck to plastic tape wound on itself and pulled at high speed across a bigger piece of metal. We do all of this just to make you, and us, nod and smile.

Did everyone catch the announcement of the titles for Series Two?
Can anyone give me a good 'Yehaw?"  A little louder? Excellent!

We have very high hopes for each new Series. This is just the start.
Well, technically, Series One was the start....

Thanks again to everyone here. Those that just come to learn, those that want to share info, those that want to preserve, and of course those that subscribe. All xxxxx of you. How's that for a good round number Steve? : )

happy listening.
romo

Managing Director
The Tape Project

Offline Satch

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 10:15:54 AM »
Thanks for having me as a member... I'm up to my a$$ in alligators right now, but soon I hope to have things sorted out and then I can shop for a good R2R (I really like the J-Corders).  I want to record my vinyl on to R2R. I'm really looking forward to playing a collection of Tape Project Tapes on my stereo system. (Martin Logan "Spire" speakers, Ayre V-5xe amp, Cary SLP 98-P tube preamp with NOS tubes, etc). Especially looking forward to "Waltz For Debby"! I've been playing the vinyl and hear something new every time. Being an upright bass player, I can't help being blown away by Scott LaFaro. Ha, ha...

Satch

Offline xcortes

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 10:52:46 AM »
I wonder how many of the 600 is Mr Koto posting under different monikers!
Xavier Cortes