TP-028, Nat Adderley's Work Song is now available

Author Topic: Our pricing (and subscriber special price)  (Read 10387 times)

Offline High and Outside

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Our pricing (and subscriber special price)
« on: August 12, 2009, 12:40:10 AM »
We had wanted to make the subscriber special price effective until all ten titles had been announced. It took a lot longer than we had hoped--long story--but finally here we are. So, in order to head off any confusion, here is the actual deal:

Starting back when we announced it in January, the new price per album is $300 plus shipping. We still offer both selective (six out of the ten, your choice) for $1800 plus shipping, or full subscription (all ten in the series) for $3000 plus shipping. Single tapes are available for $500 plus shipping.

Since we appreciate our subscribers so much, we are offering a substantial discount for anyone who has already subscribed to Series One, or who subscribes to Series One by September 10, 2009. For any of these subscribers, the following prices are available: selective subscriptions for $1500 plus shipping, or a full subscription for $2500 plus shipping.

The window is open for thirty days on the special pricing. Until September 10, anyone who is a subscriber to Series One can get Series Two at the discounted price. And people who hadn't already subscribed to Series One and who want to subscribe to Series Two may do both at the at the discounted price. After that, everything is at the new price.

Again, thanks to all our subscribers, especially the early ones who subscribed with the knowledge that we didn't yet have a product to ship, and who showed extreme patience, waiting up to 11 months to receive their first tape. We haven't forgotten that your early support made this venture possible.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 05:12:15 PM by High and Outside »
Paul Stubblebine
Managing Director, The TapeProject

Offline Romo

• Michael Romanowski
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • tapeproject
Re: Our pricing (and subscriber special price)
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 02:44:21 AM »
and as a reminder, if you are a Series One Charter subscriber and sign up for a full Series Two subscription, you keep your same serial number so that all of your tapes match.

romo
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 08:50:16 AM by docb »
Managing Director
The Tape Project

Offline oneobgyn

• View Profile
    • Doctor's Rx
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 07:54:32 AM »
IIRC charter members were to have received a spare Tape Project take up reel.

I never received mine as was promised.
There's ALWAYS another Steve Williams BUT there's only "oneobgyn"
Tape Project Charter Member #088
Link to my system  http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?vaslt&1049587927

Offline Grant99

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 05:11:11 PM »

I thought it was an alignment tape that charter subsribers were supposed to receive; any word on when they might be going out...?
Grant Thrasher
audio/LP/tape hobbyist
Otari MX-5050 BIII, VPI-19/SME IV, MFA Magus/MFA D75 amp/McAlister EA-8 amp/Stax OA2 & SR-404/Coincident Millenium Spks/Nak Dragon/Marantz PMD520/Sony KA1ESA

Offline oneobgyn

• View Profile
    • Doctor's Rx
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2009, 06:30:04 PM »

I thought it was an alignment tape that charter subsribers were supposed to receive; any word on when they might be going out...?

I thought it was both actually.

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2009, 07:18:30 PM »
 Now that things have settled into a groove and the tapes for series 1 are just about all shipped, there are probably a few members who've been patient and didn't feel that the details that come with our Charter subscriptions was worth mentioning till now. I think that it would be in our best interest to maybe call Eileen and let her know what we're lacking. With all the shuffling around, the details about whose received empty reels, and alignment tapes could be confused (although, if I was lacking an alignment tape I think I would speak up right away).

If you've just started your subscription, give it a little while, but if you've been hangin around here for a while waiting for something like these, I'm sure that Eileen and the boys would like to take care of all that stuff once and for all.
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline docb

• Administrator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
alignment tapes and reels
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2009, 11:34:52 AM »
Alignment tapes have just been run and we will be getting them packed to ship as soon as the last few TP-010s go out. We have what we think are pretty accurate records on who still needs them. As for take up reels, let us know if you have not received one and we will get one right out to you.

I'm headed out of town again for a few days, but Eileen will be back in the office tomorrow.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project

Offline oneobgyn

• View Profile
    • Doctor's Rx
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2009, 12:09:41 PM »
I got my alignment tape but not my take up reel

Doc in the past I have received UPS notification that the tapes have been shipped. You indicated that my TP010 has shipped but I have never received UPS notification of such. Are you shipping them differently now as I still have not received mine

Offline JoeG

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2009, 01:14:17 PM »
I got my alignment tape but not my take up reel

Doc in the past I have received UPS notification that the tapes have been shipped. You indicated that my TP010 has shipped but I have never received UPS notification of such. Are you shipping them differently now as I still have not received mine

I'm with Steve. I did get an alignment tape, but did not get a take up reel.
Joe Galbraith
Charter sub #61
J-corder/Bottlehead Technics 1500>King/Cello pre, Bottlehead Seduction, Walker Audio Proscenium Gold Signature TT>Bluelectric Magic Diamond or Allnic Puritas>Allnic H3000 phono/L3000 line>KR Enterprises Antares>Kharma CE 2.2
Silent Source cable, Walker Audio Velocitors

Offline Studer Fool

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2009, 02:57:18 PM »
I too am in the same situation as Steve and Joe.  I have the alignment tape (thank goodness).  However, I never received a take-up reel.

Thanks Guys!

cdw
Christopher D. Wait
Charter Subscriber SN# 026
Studer A80-VU & Studer A80-RC (and Doc's lovingly modified Ampex 934 with Seduction Tape Head Preamp Combo!)

Offline Ben

• Bring on the music
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2009, 05:26:50 PM »
I suspect the 'alignment tape' is a better value than a take up reel.
Still I suspect a few people want matching reels for cosmetic reasons.
Set 45,Open baffle speakers,Otari 5050,,Pioneer DV-79AVi DVD/CD/SCAD player

Offline bobschneider

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2009, 09:17:34 PM »
I too am in the same situation as Steve and Joe.  I have the alignment tape (thank goodness).  However, I never received a take-up reel.

I also never received a take up reel, although I did get the alignment tape.  Charter subscriber #083

Thanks!
Bob Schneider

Offline High and Outside

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2009, 11:57:49 PM »

I thought it was both actually.

All subscribers to Series One were offered a free alignment tape. We have been getting those out, and I think most if not all of them have been shipped.

All Charter subscribers--those who took a full subscription and got a serial number below 100--were also offered a free take up reel. Now that the shipping department has finished sending out TP-010's, they are going to begin sending out take up reels.

If you want to know where you are in the queue, contact Eileen directly by email. Posting on the forum is not an efficent way to handle those kinds of inquiries.
Paul Stubblebine
Managing Director, The TapeProject