Check out the new Tape Project website at tapeproject.com, now with online ordering. Inventory is updated every week, so stop by often to see what we have in stock.

Author Topic: Why only two classical in Series Two?  (Read 12864 times)

ceved

Re: Why only two classical in Series Two?
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2009, 07:16:42 PM »
It seems as though the 'cloak and dagger' comment on licensing hit a nerve, or jugular.
It was my way of indicating that these licensing transactions by nature seem to involve a level of secracy and confidentiality that do not lend themselves to open discussions/disclosures in advance or in process with the subscribers of the TP.
Too bad that.

Does anyone remember how BC did it with there titles?

In any event a request for ideas for 'the place you'd like to see classical music in the Tape Project' was made and I responded.
I really have no dog in this 'fight', so agree or disagree as you wish.  What do you classical folks think?

For the record, I prefer Roy Rogers paired with Norton Buffalo.  It may be classic, but not classical and therefor not the intended direction of the thread's original provider.

And Steve, don't forget Dick Dale, not to be confused with Chip and Dale, or Chippendales, or fish and chips, or Dick DE Phone for that matter.
Dick Tracy was too obvious even for me lest you think I forgot.
Then there is Siegfried and Roy but I don't believe that was Wagner unless the rings referred to were from Uranus (the planet silly).
There is a humorous Peter Jennings story in there somewhere.

Offline docb

• Administrator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2009, 07:27:19 PM »
Actually the reason for confidentiality is pretty straightforward. There could be others considering the madness of putting out real time duplicates of licensed analog tape masters, and we really don't wish to show our hand to the competition.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project

Offline steveidosound

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2009, 10:41:04 PM »
It seems as though the 'cloak and dagger' comment on licensing hit a nerve, or jugular.
It was my way of indicating that these licensing transactions by nature seem to involve a level of secracy and confidentiality that do not lend themselves to open discussions/disclosures in advance or in process with the subscribers of the TP.
Too bad that.

Does anyone remember how BC did it with there titles?

In any event a request for ideas for 'the place you'd like to see classical music in the Tape Project' was made and I responded.
I really have no dog in this 'fight', so agree or disagree as you wish.  What do you classical folks think?

For the record, I prefer Roy Rogers paired with Norton Buffalo.  It may be classic, but not classical and therefor not the intended direction of the thread's original provider.

And Steve, don't forget Dick Dale, not to be confused with Chip and Dale, or Chippendales, or fish and chips, or Dick DE Phone for that matter.
Dick Tracy was too obvious even for me lest you think I forgot.
Then there is Siegfried and Roy but I don't believe that was Wagner unless the rings referred to were from Uranus (the planet silly).
There is a humorous Peter Jennings story in there somewhere.

I think I prefer the Roy Rogers that recorded with Dale (Evans) Or was that Mr. Rogers?
 Can you say Happy Trails.... or is that "tails out"
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 10:44:45 PM by steveidosound »
Steve Williams

you don't want to know what equipment I listen to...