Can you believe it? Tape Project is ten years old! Thanks to everyone who has supported us in introducing studio quality tape reproduction to the audiophile community!

Author Topic: Trying again  (Read 3880 times)

Offline cam3xl

• Lil' Dizzy
    • View Profile
Trying again
« on: August 31, 2009, 09:18:24 AM »
I have been lurking forever, but it has taken me the last year to get my system back together.  Finishing my speaker overhaul this week and all that will be left will be the reconditioning of my Otari.  Then and only then can I justify the subscription expense in my house.

That being said, I see that you guys have worked out a deal with Staxx on the Staples Singers album.  Does that mean Issac Hayes "Hot Buttered Soul" is a possability?  I would buy that at any price regaurdless of system requirements.  Two runs and we are still way short on good soul music.  Anything from Gamble and Huff would be worth while as well.

Thanks for making this thing do what it does.
Bhek

Oh yeah, you might want to give the guys at United Audio in Annapolis Junction MD a call.  send me a pm to discuss if you have time.
Whatever sounds good,  Do that!

Peace,
Bhek

Pro-Ject Xpression 1, Denon DL-160 MC cart., Sony DVP-555ES SACD, Maple Tree Audio Ultra 4+ Pre, Audio Research D100 power, Onkyo Tuner, Otari 5050 IIB 2speed 2/4 track R2R.  Mirage OM-9.

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Re: Trying again
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 10:53:44 AM »
Hey Bhek,

I'd be all for hearing Issac Hayes on tape too! All anybody has to do is listen to that one to hear how much that one album influenced the direction of rock/pop and just about any other genre. Not that those ideas weren't already present but sometimes it takes a big chart topper to get the notice of the general public.

And while your working on your Otari, don't be shy about asking questions here. There's a lot of folks who've gone through the hair pulling bit on various fixes on their machines already. I'd like to think that we do our best to put Rogaine out of business around here. 
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades