Check out the new Tape Project website at tapeproject.com, now with online ordering. Inventory is updated every week, so stop by often to see what we have in stock.

Author Topic: Alternative TP formats 1/2"  (Read 19711 times)

Offline docb

• Administrator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
Re: Alternative TP formats 1/2"
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2009, 09:44:49 AM »
Just a friendly suggestion from someone who builds small businesses into big ones (i.e. I'm a venture capitalist) -- which I'm sure touchs on issues that you have already been thinking about.

Excellent! We appreciate the encouragement. Perhaps you might be able to help with the funding for such a multichannel project? I've done some quick figuring and I think that if we can sell out 200 album run of 1/2" three or four track at about $1000 per album we could make some money for our investors. We would need some new equipment and new packaging (for which I have a rough cost figure in mind that I would be willing to discuss by PM) and I think the rest of the production could be handled with our existing setup.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project

Offline newmedia

• View Profile
Re: Alternative TP formats 1/2"
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2009, 09:57:17 AM »
Doc etal:

Sure, happy to discuss business plans with you!  Also glad to assist in raising money for what is probably more of an "angel" situation (i.e  $10-100K's) than venture capital i.e. ($10-100M's).

Mark Stahlman
New York City
Stellavox: SM8, SU8, SP8, AMI48 / Nagra: IV-SJ, Digital / Otari: MTR-20, MTR-12 / Sound Devices: 744T, 788 / AMEK: BC II, TAC Bullet / Infinite Slope: 2.0, 1.8, 1.0, 0.8 / Bruel & Kjaer: 2133, 2144, Pulse