Can you believe it? Tape Project is ten years old! Thanks to everyone who has supported us in introducing studio quality tape reproduction to the audiophile community!

Author Topic: Alternative TP formats 1/2"  (Read 19646 times)

Offline docb

• Administrator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
Re: Alternative TP formats 1/2"
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2009, 09:44:49 AM »
Just a friendly suggestion from someone who builds small businesses into big ones (i.e. I'm a venture capitalist) -- which I'm sure touchs on issues that you have already been thinking about.

Excellent! We appreciate the encouragement. Perhaps you might be able to help with the funding for such a multichannel project? I've done some quick figuring and I think that if we can sell out 200 album run of 1/2" three or four track at about $1000 per album we could make some money for our investors. We would need some new equipment and new packaging (for which I have a rough cost figure in mind that I would be willing to discuss by PM) and I think the rest of the production could be handled with our existing setup.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project

Offline newmedia

• View Profile
Re: Alternative TP formats 1/2"
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2009, 09:57:17 AM »
Doc etal:

Sure, happy to discuss business plans with you!  Also glad to assist in raising money for what is probably more of an "angel" situation (i.e  $10-100K's) than venture capital i.e. ($10-100M's).

Mark Stahlman
New York City
Stellavox: SM8, SU8, SP8, AMI48 / Nagra: IV-SJ, Digital / Otari: MTR-20, MTR-12 / Sound Devices: 744T, 788 / AMEK: BC II, TAC Bullet / Infinite Slope: 2.0, 1.8, 1.0, 0.8 / Bruel & Kjaer: 2133, 2144, Pulse