TP-027, Jerry Garcia / David Grisman wins a Writer's Choice Award from Myles Astor of Positive Feedback Online

Author Topic: Jacqui Naylor Alert  (Read 4552 times)

Offline MylesAstor

• View Profile
    • Positive-Feedback Online
Jacqui Naylor Alert
« on: September 04, 2009, 09:01:41 PM »
For those residing in New York City, Jacqui Naylor will be performing at the Blue Note Jazz Club from 11/24 to 11/26, two shows nightly.

Myles
Myles B. Astor
Magico S5 Mk. 2/cj ART>cj GAT Series 2 preamp>Doshi 3.0 phono>VPI Vanquish/3D arm/Atlas SL/Ortofon A95 cartridges/SRA Ohio Class XL+2 base>Technics 1506/low ind. FM heads/balanced out/Doshi V3.0 tape stage>Kubala-Sosna Emotion/ Transparent Audio Gen. 5; Viero speaker cables

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Re: Jacqui Naylor Alert
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 09:13:50 PM »
Anyone who hasn't seen her live are really in for a treat. When I saw her at VSAC it seemed like the show was over in a flash. Fortunately, I can still picture and hear every song in my minds ear.
Do yourself a big favor and go out and see her!
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline Ki Choi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 11:01:21 PM »
I saw her few years back (before learning about the TP) at the Jazz Alley in Seattle.  She had a unique drummer with her then ...who sat on a wooden box that was amplifed.  It sounded like a group of drummers at times.  It was neat.  I bought the CD and got on her mailing list.

She recently played at the Triple Door in downtown, but I was out of the county and missed her performance.  I had my TP-001 book and the Sharpie ready for her to sign at the event when I first found out about it.  But I didn't make it.  Hope she will return to Seattle area soon.

Ki
Ki Choi

Offline MylesAstor

• View Profile
    • Positive-Feedback Online
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2009, 12:27:30 PM »

She recently played at the Triple Door in downtown, but I was out of the county and missed her performance.  I had my TP-001 book and the Sharpie ready for her to sign at the event when I first found out about it.  But I didn't make it.  Hope she will return to Seattle area soon.

Ki

That's what I was hoping for-to get Jacqui's siggie on the TP001 :)

Have managed to do that with a few artists over the years-primarily in small venues like Starker (who looked at his Mercury Bach Cello Suites and said, "the sins of my youth," to Rafael Puyana and Ivan Moravec when they performed at the Metropolitan Museum in NY!

Myles
Myles B. Astor
Magico S5 Mk. 2/cj ART>cj GAT Series 2 preamp>Doshi 3.0 phono>VPI Vanquish/3D arm/Atlas SL/Ortofon A95 cartridges/SRA Ohio Class XL+2 base>Technics 1506/low ind. FM heads/balanced out/Doshi V3.0 tape stage>Kubala-Sosna Emotion/ Transparent Audio Gen. 5; Viero speaker cables