Can you believe it? Tape Project is ten years old! Thanks to everyone who has supported us in introducing studio quality tape reproduction to the audiophile community!

Author Topic: Allan Parsons Project or Steely Dan  (Read 6409 times)

Offline 3340chris

• View Profile
Allan Parsons Project or Steely Dan
« on: April 01, 2012, 08:07:41 PM »
Hello everyone. I am new to this forum, so please forgive me if I do something wrong. I stumbled upon your site Friday evening, while looking for some tech. Info. For my beloved Teac A3340s. Anyhow, I think it's great what you're doing! I've been looking around, trying to find out about your pricing and was curious to see if the tapes you offer are available on the 10" size reels? I'm so glad that you decided to go with the 15 ips speed. Anyhow, I just wanted to put it out there that (IMHO) some Allan Parsons Project or some Steely Dan sure would sound sweet! Does anyone else agree? I don't know, both bands were always known for being "studio bands", and always payed great attention to the way their recordings were mixed and sounded. Not to mention all the great session players that worked with both bands. Anyway, that's my two cents.
Thank you

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Re: Allan Parsons Project or Steely Dan
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 12:15:06 AM »
Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forum.
For more info regarding tape prices and subscriptions to the the Tape Project, check out the home page;

http://www.tapeproject.com/

There have been a few suggestions for both Steely Dan and Alan Parson Project. I wouldn't mind seeing "Nightfly" by Fagan myself.
If you have some technical questions ask away. Please place them in the appropriate forum such as "Reel to Reel Tape Machines" or Tape Tech.
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades