Check out the new Tape Project website at tapeproject.com, now with online ordering. Inventory is updated every week, so stop by often to see what we have in stock.

Author Topic: Tape Project based Open House  (Read 5311 times)

Offline cam3xl

• Lil' Dizzy
    • View Profile
Tape Project based Open House
« on: September 24, 2009, 11:32:31 AM »
For any of you guys in the Baltimore/Washington Area, a local dealer (Columbia/Annapolis Junction, MD) is having a Reel to Reel workshop from 12pm to 4pm this Saturday where they claim to be demoing Tape Project Software.  The  real motivation behind this seems to be the sale of their project ready custom Tascam decks.  But I have done some business with them in the past and have had nothing but good experiences.  They have also shown a lot of excitement about working with Doc and the crew as partners.  Email me at [email protected] for details for now and once Doc gives me the all clear, I'll post it here.

Thanks guys,
I hope I did this right....
Bhek
Whatever sounds good,  Do that!

Peace,
Bhek

Pro-Ject Xpression 1, Denon DL-160 MC cart., Sony DVP-555ES SACD, Maple Tree Audio Ultra 4+ Pre, Audio Research D100 power, Onkyo Tuner, Otari 5050 IIB 2speed 2/4 track R2R.  Mirage OM-9.

Offline docb

• Administrator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
Re: Tape Project based Open House
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 12:11:18 PM »
That would be United Audio. Yup, they are a dealer for TP. Post away.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project

Offline cam3xl

• Lil' Dizzy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 01:22:49 PM »
____
I'll be the heavyset black guy wearing the Ravens cap :-)
Refreshments will be served.
REEL TO REEL TAPE, The best sounding source component available!
Hear for yourself why Reel to Reel tape is "the" superior sound format!
Affordable: Starting at only $3998!
Versatile: Record your LP's and save your vinyl and cartridge.
Listen to the music you like: Record what you want to listen to!
Master Tapes: Ther are 1.5 generation Master Tapes now available, must be heard to know what "reference" sound really is!
Paul Stubblebind, Dan Schmalle, and Michael Romanowski of "The Tape Project" have done a great job on these tapes! And many thanks to Eileen Schmalle for getting all the tapes shipped out to everyone.
We have a selection of great Jazz and Classical tapes in the store to audition, you will love the sound. We also are an authorized dealer for The Tape Project tapes. Yes, as usual at UHA you can actually listen before you buy, what's not to like?
It sounds better than digital
Why go back to R2R?
It sounds better than Vinyl!
We have been seeing Reel To Reel tape decks at the High End Audio shows for a couple of years. The reason became apparent when we listened to a Master Tape on one of these decks. At CES last year we saw more and more manufacturers using R2R tape decks, but these decks were industrial decks or refurbished to work properly however they looked pretty bad for the most part. We wanted to offer the best of both worlds, looks and performance!

Check out these links!
?  United Home Audio Store Pictures
?  Consumer Electronics Show 2007
?  Awesome audio equipment pictures!

email: [email protected]
phone: 866-4U AUDIO (866-482-8346)
web: http://www.unitedhomeaudio.com

Whatever sounds good,  Do that!

Peace,
Bhek

Pro-Ject Xpression 1, Denon DL-160 MC cart., Sony DVP-555ES SACD, Maple Tree Audio Ultra 4+ Pre, Audio Research D100 power, Onkyo Tuner, Otari 5050 IIB 2speed 2/4 track R2R.  Mirage OM-9.

Offline Satch

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 10:44:35 PM »
Cool site cam.

Awesome gear, great photography...

Thanks,
Satch

Offline rbwtapeinterlink-Bob

• For The Love Of Music
    • View Profile
    • Power Telecommunication for business & the church!
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 06:59:38 AM »
Bhek,

Thanks for posting information about this exciting event. Personally, I am more than happy that this may be the first important effort to bring some audio excitement to the Washington DC/Baltimore/Virginia area. This could be the start of something real big.

Bob W.
Bob W. (African American) VPI, Ref Standard Grado, Denon 103r, Threshold, DecWare tube pre and Classe pre amp, Jolida tube phono pre amp, (Peter Gunn) modified Magnapan 1.6, Tascam 32-2B & 42B tape decks, Parasound belt drive CD transport, Pacific Valve tube DAC, VPI  TT, various upscale cables.