Check out the new Tape Project website at tapeproject.com, now with online ordering. Inventory is updated every week, so stop by often to see what we have in stock.

Author Topic: Thanks Ironbut  (Read 4372 times)

Offline xcortes

• View Profile
Thanks Ironbut
« on: October 08, 2009, 04:53:50 PM »
I've thanked you privately but I'd like to make public my appreciation of all your help.

Four month ago my Technics deck died or at least became unusable. After dozens of mails, circuit boards going from one country to another and tons of Patience Steve not only managed to restore my machine to a working condition but also taught me how to adjust, clean and set up every part of it (even parts he hadn't opened before such as the reel motors!). The machine finally became operational on Monday. If you allow me to quote from my last two mails to him:

"I tried the machine first with a 4 track DG tape, all well (although I still don?t like the sonics of those that much), then a 7 ? 2 track and finally a 15ips tape (one of the Quintons, I?m saving the TP ones for when I?m 99% positive that the machine is working OK). I had started to forget how good this machine sounds. Compared to the Tascam via SUTs the sound is much more refined, I?d even say warmer"

"I tried the machine again on Tuesday ... Again yesterday and all fine. So off TP-010 went: S#*t man, that sax is nothing short of spectacular! The ATR/Repro will have a hard time beating the Technics/Seduction combo!"

Thanks again Steve and keep up with the good work!
Xavier Cortes

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks Ironbut
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 06:05:48 PM »
My pleasure Xavier!

Of course I didn't tell you that one day I'll show up on your doorstep with my toothbrush in my hand and you may never get rid of me!
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades