Can you believe it? Tape Project is ten years old! Thanks to everyone who has supported us in introducing studio quality tape reproduction to the audiophile community!

Author Topic: Brilliant Corners ready to launch  (Read 12977 times)

Offline docb

• Administrator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
Brilliant Corners ready to launch
« on: November 05, 2009, 10:10:10 AM »
We ran out of flanges part way through the process of packaging Brilliant Corners, and I also had to find a new and improved paper stock to replace the one we were using for cover art,as the old one had been discontinued. All of that has come together, the engraver will be buzzing and the printer will be swooshing all day today as we begin to pack 'em up for shipping. We are also working on catch up orders for Series One albums and take up reels that may have been waiting for the new flange shipment.

We plan to roll right into another album shipment as soon as Brilliant Corners is complete. Heart Like a Wheel is now being duplicated and will ship soon, but we have a few others that are already duped and ready to package so we may go ahead and get them out ASAP while we get the TP-011 stock built up.

A big thank you goes to Joe Galbraith, who loaned a minty looking jacket from which I developed the album art for TP-013.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Re: Brilliant Corners ready to launch
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 10:30:18 AM »
Woo Hoo!!!!

Great news Doc!
Bummer about the paper though. Just when you find something you like huh?

It'll be nice to get something from UPS other than another DigiKey shipment.
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline docb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 12:15:01 PM »
Actually I didn't like the old paper that much. It was one of the few two sided papers available when we started and I found it a little inconsistent in terms of the surface coating from batch to batch. There are several more choices available now and the new paper is a little thicker and the print is even more crisp. Also even more expensive, ah, well. Luckily I didn't have to recalibrate the colors. Took a little experimenting with the printer settings to get it to go through the printer without getting scuffed, but I got that worked out yesterday and I've been making prints this morning.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle

Offline kipdent

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 06:04:50 PM »
This is so exiting--and it will be my first Tape Project issue as a new subscriber!

Thanks Doc, this is more fun than ice cream and birthdays. I can't wait--

Kip
Kip Peterson
Vintage-centric system with Apogee Acoustics Scintilla ribbon loudspeakers, Micro Seiki RX-5000 turntable and other odd bits of tube and solid state gear. Now a proud owner of a Studer A80 RC Mk II tape machine!

Offline jcmusic

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 08:36:07 PM »
This is so exiting--and it will be my first Tape Project issue as a new subscriber!

Thanks Doc, this is more fun than ice cream and birthdays. I can't wait--

Kip
Kip,
If you think this is fun wait until you hear them!!!

Jay
Redpoint Model D TT/Soundsmith Sotto Voce Cartridge Otari MX 5050 BII/BH Tube Repro deHavilland Model 222
 Ah Njoe Tjoeb 4000, Rogue Magnum 99, Korneff 45 SET Amp, Klipsch K-Horns Bass Bins/2" Tractrix Horns 2" BMS Drivers, Vintage Tubes.

Offline JoeG

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2009, 10:43:09 PM »
got a ship notice from UPS today. I can only assume it's for TP013. Thanks guys!!!!
Joe Galbraith
Charter sub #61
J-corder/Bottlehead Technics 1500>King/Cello pre, Bottlehead Seduction, Walker Audio Proscenium Gold Signature TT>Bluelectric Magic Diamond or Allnic Puritas>Allnic H3000 phono/L3000 line>KR Enterprises Antares>Kharma CE 2.2
Silent Source cable, Walker Audio Velocitors

Offline docb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2009, 11:15:11 PM »
I broke from our tradition of shipping in serial number order, and sent yours out first, Joe. Thanks so much for the loan of the original cover. More TP-013s will be shipping in the coming weeks.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle

Offline mikel

• View Profile
    • my system page.
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2009, 08:49:22 PM »
just got my shipping notice from The Tape Project for a delivery tomorow; i assume it is for 'Brilliant Corners'. based on my listen to samples from 'BC' at Docs and in Philip O'Hanlon's room at RMAF i'm pretty stoked to hear it in room.

i'll listen to the 45rpm pressing tonight to wet my appetite.

mikel
Mike Lavigne

Offline docb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2009, 09:19:11 PM »
Yup, it's the Monk. We got just a few out today, with more shipping as soon as some paper arrives for printing the artwork.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle

Offline JoeG

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2009, 01:56:53 PM »
"Brilliant Corners" is indeed brilliant!! Mine arrived about 1 hour ago, and it's spinning as I write this. Dead true to the LP, with so much more body and weight, especially in the drums. Another home run guys! Right away, I can tell this one is going to spend a lot of time mounted on the deck.

The artwork looks pretty good too ;)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 02:45:05 PM by JoeG »
Joe Galbraith
Charter sub #61
J-corder/Bottlehead Technics 1500>King/Cello pre, Bottlehead Seduction, Walker Audio Proscenium Gold Signature TT>Bluelectric Magic Diamond or Allnic Puritas>Allnic H3000 phono/L3000 line>KR Enterprises Antares>Kharma CE 2.2
Silent Source cable, Walker Audio Velocitors

Offline High and Outside

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Brilliant Corners spinning
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2009, 06:08:48 PM »
I got a chance to spin this one at home today too, and I'm pretty darn pleased.

Joe, thanks again for your help on the artwork. I agree it looks really nice.
Paul Stubblebine
Managing Director, The TapeProject