Check out the new Tape Project website at tapeproject.com, now with online ordering. Inventory is updated every week, so stop by often to see what we have in stock.

Author Topic: Brilliant Corners......absolutely brilliant  (Read 7777 times)

Offline TomR

• View Profile
Brilliant Corners......absolutely brilliant
« on: June 19, 2011, 10:15:01 AM »
I was listening to this last night - in total I have probably played this about 5 times. A truly magnificent release, not only for the sound but the music. If you are a recent subscriber and don't have this.....get it.
Thomas Ream

Technics RS1520(not yet modified)/Nottingham Space 294 w/Koetsu Black and Simaudio LP5.3/Sony XA9000ES/ReVox A-77/Simaudio I-7/B&W 804's

Offline docb

• Administrator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
Re: Brilliant Corners......absolutely brilliant
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 11:15:48 AM »
Thanks for the kind words, Tom! On a related topic, Just a week or two ago I saw for the first time the 1988 documentary on Monk, Straight, No Chaser, done by Charlotte Zwerin. Really interesting insight into a truly gifted and strange cat. The rehearsal scene where Johnny Griffin is trying to eke out of Monk whether the scrawl on the chart indicates that he should play a natural or sharp note on top of one chord and Monk kind of space-ily says "yeah, either one is good", speaks volumes - highly recommended.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project