Check out the new Tape Project website at tapeproject.com, now with online ordering. Inventory is updated every week, so stop by often to see what we have in stock.

Author Topic: Brilliant Corners is a gem!  (Read 29394 times)

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Re: Brilliant Corners is a gem!
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2011, 05:36:40 PM »
Just a footnote.
The past 4 or 5 weeks I've been working hard on getting the best sound out of my vinyl rig (got a new cartridge). I believe that I've gotten about it about 90% dialed in now and I'm super happy with the improvements.
After listening to several records today, I began to wonder if maybe the records were getting closer to the tapes so I reeled up Brilliant Corners.
No Way!
The tape was still in a different ballpark from bottom to top. But most importantly (to me at least), the big picture is that it's just much more real sounding.

BTW, I didn't bother pulling out my reissue vinyl of this release to compare it to the tape. Really no need!
Whoever suggested this title for release as a Tape Project issue is a freakin' genius!
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline TomR

• View Profile
Re: Brilliant Corners is a gem!
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2011, 11:23:59 PM »
Funny - I just received my new Magnepan 3.7s....and the first tape I decided to play was ..... you guessed it, Brilliant Corners.
Thomas Ream

Technics RS1520(not yet modified)/Nottingham Space 294 w/Koetsu Black and Simaudio LP5.3/Sony XA9000ES/ReVox A-77/Simaudio I-7/B&W 804's