TP-027, Jerry Garcia / David Grisman wins a Writer's Choice Award from Myles Astor of Positive Feedback Online

Author Topic: Brilliant Corners is a gem!  (Read 29351 times)

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Re: Brilliant Corners is a gem!
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2011, 05:36:40 PM »
Just a footnote.
The past 4 or 5 weeks I've been working hard on getting the best sound out of my vinyl rig (got a new cartridge). I believe that I've gotten about it about 90% dialed in now and I'm super happy with the improvements.
After listening to several records today, I began to wonder if maybe the records were getting closer to the tapes so I reeled up Brilliant Corners.
No Way!
The tape was still in a different ballpark from bottom to top. But most importantly (to me at least), the big picture is that it's just much more real sounding.

BTW, I didn't bother pulling out my reissue vinyl of this release to compare it to the tape. Really no need!
Whoever suggested this title for release as a Tape Project issue is a freakin' genius!
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline TomR

• View Profile
Re: Brilliant Corners is a gem!
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2011, 11:23:59 PM »
Funny - I just received my new Magnepan 3.7s....and the first tape I decided to play was ..... you guessed it, Brilliant Corners.
Thomas Ream

Technics RS1520(not yet modified)/Nottingham Space 294 w/Koetsu Black and Simaudio LP5.3/Sony XA9000ES/ReVox A-77/Simaudio I-7/B&W 804's