Check out the new Tape Project website at tapeproject.com, now with online ordering. Inventory is updated every week, so stop by often to see what we have in stock.

Author Topic: Is Church Windows next?  (Read 3629 times)

Offline TomR

• View Profile
Is Church Windows next?
« on: January 28, 2010, 01:18:05 AM »
If I believe that the order posted in the catalog will mirror reality, Church Windows is next. I had the pleasure of hearing this live once - it is not often performed. Respighi, who is better known for other works (Pines of Rome, Fountains of Rome, Ancient Airs and Dances) surely must be the great Italian orchestral composer of the 20th century. (Not a lot of competition, true, but he wrote some great stuff.) Church Windows is a densely scored work that makes an impact hard to replicate on record....it will be interesting to see how it sounds as TP release. As a longtime collector of classical music, this has my vote as the most significant classical release yet (although I can't wait for the Series 3 Mahler.....:-))
Thomas Ream

Technics RS1520(not yet modified)/Nottingham Space 294 w/Koetsu Black and Simaudio LP5.3/Sony XA9000ES/ReVox A-77/Simaudio I-7/B&W 804's

Offline docb

• Administrator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
Re: Is Church Windows next?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 10:02:30 AM »
TP-014 is still in production. TP-015, Burrell and Coltrane, is duped so we will probably go ahead and get it packaged and shipped while TP-014 is being duplicated. Right now we are deep in the middle of getting TP-011 shipped so it will be a bit before the next title goes out.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project