Can you believe it? Tape Project is ten years old! Thanks to everyone who has supported us in introducing studio quality tape reproduction to the audiophile community!

Author Topic: Website revamped  (Read 7422 times)

Offline docb

• Administrator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
Website revamped
« on: May 12, 2007, 10:09:08 AM »
I have just loaded a redone Tape Project website, and I encourage you folks to check it out. We have added a few new titles and a fairly detailed list of the mods and equipment that will be coming available in the next few weeks.

http://www.tapeproject.com/

Yes, I wish it was easy to add a link from the header of this forum to the website...I'll try to figure it out.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project

Offline classicrecordings

• View Profile
    • Classic Recordings
Re: Website revamped
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007, 12:00:49 PM »
Dan,

The updated website looks really good; and thank you for adding some more information.

David
David Stangret
HK Citation 1 Pre-amp, Thorens TD-124, Ortofon 309S arm, SPU cartridges, mono block tube amps, Ars Acoustica LaDiva speakers, and I'm still trying to decide what machine to go with.
http://www.classicrecordings.ca

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 01:38:05 PM »
Yeah, the site looks fantastic! Plenty of info there too. I don't know if it's supposed to, but the menu on the left kind of bounced when I scrolled down the pages though. The pro/rental thing is an excellent idea ( although, maybe that was your original intent for the project). Missed the new titles though. I think I'll bookmark the forum. I think it might be easier for you to post any changes on the homepages with a link to it instead of the other way around. Just a thought.
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline heideana

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 03:25:55 PM »
Dear Dan -- You've been a busy beaver indeed!  Thanks again for all your energy and dedication to this endeavor....
Studer A810 and Otari MTR-15...Klipsch CWIII's, KG2's & RF7's

Truth is a kind of error, so vaporize it to find your way to heaven, or at least to a smile...

Offline rbwtapeinterlink-Bob

• For The Love Of Music
    • View Profile
    • Power Telecommunication for business & the church!
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 04:38:07 PM »
Excellent redo on the website. There is certainly an abundance of new information available. Thank you for putting the time in to accomplish this for us.

Bob Williams
Bob W. (African American) VPI, Ref Standard Grado, Denon 103r, Threshold, DecWare tube pre and Classe pre amp, Jolida tube phono pre amp, (Peter Gunn) modified Magnapan 1.6, Tascam 32-2B & 42B tape decks, Parasound belt drive CD transport, Pacific Valve tube DAC, VPI  TT, various upscale cables.

Offline Studer Fool

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 07:01:44 PM »
So Doc, what happened to the Roy Rodgers "The Slide Zone"?
Christopher D. Wait
Charter Subscriber SN# 026
Studer A80-VU & Studer A80-RC (and Doc's lovingly modified Ampex 934 with Seduction Tape Head Preamp Combo!)

Offline docb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 07:13:22 PM »
So Doc, what happened to the Roy Rodgers "The Slide Zone"?

The ownership of Slide Zone reverted to Roy this year. Unfortunately Roy lost track of the master tape, and when he asked to borrow the session tape from the label who had the original rights they denied him, offering only a digital copy. No analog master, no Tape Project album.

It's really a bummer as it's a great album. Maybe a miracle will happen and we can record Roy ourselves someday. Maybe even with Norton Buffalo? What great session that could be...
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project