Check out the new Tape Project website at tapeproject.com, now with online ordering. Inventory is updated every week, so stop by often to see what we have in stock.

Author Topic: Jacqui Naylor @Yoshi's  (Read 10947 times)

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Jacqui Naylor @Yoshi's
« on: January 02, 2010, 01:36:57 AM »
I just got a heads up from TomR that Jacqui will be at Yoshi's Oakland on Jan 28th for 2 shows.
If you've never seen her and her band live, I can personally say that it's not to be missed.
There should be a chance to have her sign the artwork of TP 001 too.

I think it would be fun to get the Bay Area Tape Project members together for a little outing too.
Here's the link to info and tickets.

http://www.yoshis.com/oakland/jazzclub/artist/show/614

Thanks Tom!
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline TomR

• View Profile
Re: Jacqui Naylor @Yoshi's
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 11:58:57 AM »
I'm in - I have never been to Yoshi's so I don't know how they do ticketing. Is it open seating, or reserved? If reserved, we ought to take a survey and find out who is going so we can hang together. Two shows that night - 8 and 10. We need to pick a time too.

BTW - while I gave Steve the heads up that she will be singing that night, it was his idea, and a great one,  to get TP members together at a Jacqui Naylor event.
Thomas Ream

Technics RS1520(not yet modified)/Nottingham Space 294 w/Koetsu Black and Simaudio LP5.3/Sony XA9000ES/ReVox A-77/Simaudio I-7/B&W 804's

Offline astrotoy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 12:19:04 PM »
I'm interested in going. The 8PM show is as late as I can stay up.  Larry
Larry Toy CharterMember-BHReproTechnics1506/Akai747dbx/OtariMX5050B3-ClassicalVinylFreak-15Krecs-VPIHRXRimDrv-LyraSkala-HelikonMono-HerronVTSP3A/BHPhonoPre-PacificMicrosonics Model2 - Pyramix&MykerinosCard-OppoNE-Proceed AVP2+6/CVP2-CJ MET1-Cary 2A3SE-AvantgardeDuos-3Solos-VelodyneDD18Sub

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 12:29:42 PM »
The 8pm show would be better for me too.
I believe that seats can be reserved if we get enough folks to join in (10+). Otherwise, folks who also dine there can reserve seats and the rest is first come first serve.
So, lets give it a little time and see how many are up for this and go from there.

BTW There's a seating cart on their web site.
edit; umm, I guess I meant seating chart. I haven't needed a seating cart since I had my nose wheel installed.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 06:33:19 PM by ironbut »
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline Romo

• Michael Romanowski
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • tapeproject
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 05:53:43 PM »
You can also catch her at a just added show in New York at the Blue note January 10th. We will all be coming back from CES so unfortunately we wont be at that gig.
See you at Yoshi's
Managing Director
The Tape Project

Offline astrotoy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 08:01:14 PM »
Just reserved my ticket. I sprang for the extra $8.50 for a reserved seat. See you guys there.  Larry
Larry Toy CharterMember-BHReproTechnics1506/Akai747dbx/OtariMX5050B3-ClassicalVinylFreak-15Krecs-VPIHRXRimDrv-LyraSkala-HelikonMono-HerronVTSP3A/BHPhonoPre-PacificMicrosonics Model2 - Pyramix&MykerinosCard-OppoNE-Proceed AVP2+6/CVP2-CJ MET1-Cary 2A3SE-AvantgardeDuos-3Solos-VelodyneDD18Sub

Offline TomR

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2010, 12:06:05 AM »
Larry, Steve and I went for the unreserved.....
Thomas Ream

Technics RS1520(not yet modified)/Nottingham Space 294 w/Koetsu Black and Simaudio LP5.3/Sony XA9000ES/ReVox A-77/Simaudio I-7/B&W 804's

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2010, 01:19:31 AM »
Yeah, I bought the unreserved but I'm going to try and get there early and save a table.
I have a couple of friends who aren't members here that might be there too.
steve koto
 HE Audio Jades

Offline High and Outside

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2010, 07:26:28 PM »
I just cleared my schedule for Thursday night, so my wife and I are coming for the 8PM show. Romo is going to save us a table or two, up on the upper level near the sound board. He's going to reserve enough seats for all the TP subscribers who have indicated they're coming. C'mon up and sit with us. Larry, I don't think the club is going to refund the money they charged you to reserve a seat, but regardless we'd love to have you join us.
Paul Stubblebine
Managing Director, The TapeProject

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2010, 08:14:55 PM »
That sounds excellent Paul! I mean really, you'd have to be trying to find a bad seat in the place but it'll be cool to sit with the other members.
I can't wait to meet Mrs. Slam and find out what kind of saint would let those Magico's and racks of tube gear into her living room.

See you there.
steve koto
 HE Audio Jades

Offline docb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2010, 08:48:13 PM »
find out what kind of saint would let those Magico's and racks of tube gear into her living room.

Both of my bros have SOs just as lovable and delightful as my Queenie. We are a lucky bunch of geeks.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project

Offline TomR

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2010, 11:30:22 PM »
Wow, this is getting better all the time - really looking forward to this!
Thomas Ream

Offline astrotoy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2010, 02:21:07 AM »
I just cleared my schedule for Thursday night, so my wife and I are coming for the 8PM show. Romo is going to save us a table or two, up on the upper level near the sound board. He's going to reserve enough seats for all the TP subscribers who have indicated they're coming. C'mon up and sit with us. Larry, I don't think the club is going to refund the money they charged you to reserve a seat, but regardless we'd love to have you join us.

I'll be there with all of you in the peanut gallery.  :-)  Larry

Offline Romo

• Michael Romanowski
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • tapeproject
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2010, 12:54:34 PM »
I'll be there for soundcheck, so I will be able to put reserved signs on table together. The tables in the back only hold 4 people each. I could grab some tables so everyone is sitting close to each other. Booths hold more folks. Let me know you preference. I like to sit back by the sound board. Sound thing, ya know... : )

Romo
Managing Director
The Tape Project

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2010, 05:10:17 PM »
I always try to get close to the soundboard myself. I also like to watch the pianists hands so being too low prevents that. So, the tables sound good to me.
steve koto
 HE Audio Jades