TP-028, Nat Adderley's Work Song is now available

Author Topic: Bay Area Audio Society  (Read 5230 times)

Offline TomR

• View Profile
Bay Area Audio Society
« on: January 06, 2010, 12:59:12 PM »
I was reading that being a member of an audiophile society (is that the same as being an audiophiliac?) gets you a discount at CES, or something like that, and by clicking links I found the Web site of the BAAS, which looks like it was created by Jason Victor Serinus, who among other things is a reviewer for Stereophile. Any members here? If so, is it worth it (yeah, just $15, but there are lots of people who want my $15!).

www.baasnotes.com

Thomas Ream

Technics RS1520(not yet modified)/Nottingham Space 294 w/Koetsu Black and Simaudio LP5.3/Sony XA9000ES/ReVox A-77/Simaudio I-7/B&W 804's

Offline oneobgyn

• View Profile
    • Doctor's Rx
Re: Bay Area Audio Society
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 08:56:37 AM »
Tom the one to which you refer is the Bay Area Audiophile Society started by Victor.Yes it is $15 to join

Approximately 6-7 years ago I started another BAAS which I called Bay Area Audio Society which now consists of 25-30 audio and videophiles around the SF Bay Area. We meet 3-4 times per year, have no dues, have a great time listening to music or watching great video but we have no shlepp to get discounts at CES

I hosted a recent BAAS meeting 2 weeks ago where Keith Yates was our guest speaker. Most everyone know Keith and his accomplishments. Keith spoke extensively on taming LF in rooms and showed detailed plans on jobs in which he is involved.

Several Forum members here are members of our BAAS including astrotoy and my namesake, the other Steve Williams (steveidosound), and JeffS and have attended several of our meets. We welcome any and all who are interested to join.

If interested you can find information at our forum

www.ultrahighendforum.com

Heck even Paul Stubblebine is a member of our forum :)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 08:58:57 AM by oneobgyn »
There's ALWAYS another Steve Williams BUT there's only "oneobgyn"
Tape Project Charter Member #088
Link to my system  http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?vaslt&1049587927

Offline TomR

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 01:05:36 PM »
Steve, I joined the forum. So now I have another way to kill time.....anyway, where do you guys meet, and are there meetings coming up?

Thanks,

Tom
Thomas Ream

Technics RS1520(not yet modified)/Nottingham Space 294 w/Koetsu Black and Simaudio LP5.3/Sony XA9000ES/ReVox A-77/Simaudio I-7/B&W 804's

Offline xcortes

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 02:05:08 PM »
Steve,

I took a look at your forum. May I ask how do you define "ultra high-end"?
Xavier Cortes

Offline oneobgyn

• View Profile
    • Doctor's Rx
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 03:20:59 PM »
Hi Tom

I noticed that you joined our forum. Not to take away from this wonderful forum here but ours deals with all audio and video high end. Hopefully Xavier you might lurk for a while but I will bet you will join and get your feet wet.
we have a small membership but growing daily. Have a look at our list of members and you will recognize a lot of names

Tom...our last meeet was just a few weeks ago, well attended and very informmative with a powerful dissertation by Keith Yates on "the room and taming LFE." I wil always post informaation about upcoming events at our other forum.

BTW, there were three members of the original BAAS who attended our event and had only positive things to say, one of which I found meaningful.....they said that at the other BAAS meetings they either never play music or do so only infrequently. They joined our little group
There's ALWAYS another Steve Williams BUT there's only "oneobgyn"
Tape Project Charter Member #088
Link to my system  http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?vaslt&1049587927