Check out the new Tape Project website at tapeproject.com, now with online ordering. Inventory is updated every week, so stop by often to see what we have in stock.

Author Topic: Today is a Special Day  (Read 7648 times)

Offline jcmusic

• View Profile
Today is a Special Day
« on: January 23, 2010, 06:27:35 AM »
Hey Dan (doc), Where are you today is your and my special day, or did you forget!!! I doubt that!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY my friend and many more to come!!!

Jay
Redpoint Model D TT/Soundsmith Sotto Voce Cartridge Otari MX 5050 BII/BH Tube Repro deHavilland Model 222
 Ah Njoe Tjoeb 4000, Rogue Magnum 99, Korneff 45 SET Amp, Klipsch K-Horns Bass Bins/2" Tractrix Horns 2" BMS Drivers, Vintage Tubes.

Offline docb

• Administrator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
Re: Today is a Special Day
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 10:54:02 AM »
Same to you Jay, Happy Birthday! I bet I'm still older than you.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 11:00:38 AM »
Happy Birthday you guys!

I know that Dan's well take care of (he's down here and either went to the Norton Buffalo Benefit Concert last night or is going tonight  http://thefoxoakland.com/popartist.php?cID=2308).
Have a great day Jay!
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline High and Outside

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 10:15:46 PM »
The three of us, plus the ladies and a friend or two, went to the concert last night. It was phenomenal.

This afternoon they all came over for a birthday party and crab feed. Art played piano and Jacqui sang him a song. A pretty good day.

Happy birthday to you too, Jay.
Paul Stubblebine
Managing Director, The TapeProject

Offline High and Outside

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 10:17:54 PM »
And we had cake.
Paul Stubblebine
Managing Director, The TapeProject

Offline docb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 12:31:23 PM »
An awesome party! Thanks so much to my family and friends for a great afternoon/evening - heck, the whole weekend rocked. Along with that cake (Hmm, that chick on the cake and that blonde singer chick in the other picture...I'm just sayin'...) we had a superb crab feed with awesome Diva made salad and amazing corn chowder, a broad array of gins to sample, great wine, incredible chocolates and for dessert I was forced to listen to a beautiful 1/2" 30 ips master tape that Paul had just brought up from a major label. Thanks to my love Queen Eileen for pulling it all together. Life is good.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 12:06:47 PM by docb »
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 12:38:08 PM »
Wow, sounds like you had a killer-diller-chiller weekend!
It's only 10 am and your description is making my stomach growl.

Like I always say,"Heaven,.. who needs it!"
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline jcmusic

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 04:02:47 PM »
Same to you Jay, Happy Birthday! I bet I'm still older than you.
I am not for sure but, more than likely your right; so I will pass on the wager!!!

Jay
Redpoint Model D TT/Soundsmith Sotto Voce Cartridge Otari MX 5050 BII/BH Tube Repro deHavilland Model 222
 Ah Njoe Tjoeb 4000, Rogue Magnum 99, Korneff 45 SET Amp, Klipsch K-Horns Bass Bins/2" Tractrix Horns 2" BMS Drivers, Vintage Tubes.

Offline jcmusic

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2010, 04:07:26 PM »
Hey guys thanks alot for all the replys and good thoughts, wish I could have been there with you guys. Well maybe one day it will happen, someone please do me a big favor and mention to Jacqui that I missed her show here in New Orleans had to work. Please tell me when she will be coming back so I can make plans to see her for sure next time, many thanks again guys.

Jay

Offline bernacj21

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2010, 11:48:23 PM »
How I wish I was also there to witness your enjoyment as you celebrate your life's success. So how's the party? I suppose you did a very worth remembering dance party.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 11:57:15 PM by bernacj21 »

clarkhook

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2010, 01:56:39 AM »
hi friend guess who i am ! wish you very happy birthday