Can you believe it? Tape Project is ten years old! Thanks to everyone who has supported us in introducing studio quality tape reproduction to the audiophile community!

Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 4862 times)

Offline Arnold_Layne

• View Profile
Suggestions
« on: January 24, 2010, 04:42:30 PM »
As a huge Pink Floyd fan, I'd love to see some Floyd titles (as this may be what's needed to get me to pay $300 for a reel. However, it's highly unlikely Mr. Gilmour and/or EMI will allow the master tapes to be used for such a low production run.

Titles I would like to see:

CCR: Debut, Cosmo's Factory, Willie and the Poorboys

Boston: Self Titled

Roger Waters: Amused To Death (the vinyl release is a masterpiece I can only imagine what a TP version would sound like)

A_L

Offline mittg

• View Profile
Re: Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 08:11:33 PM »
Eva Cassidy moves me. No one sings "Natural woman" like she does. She also does a beautiful rendition of "What a wonderful world"and "tall trees in Georgia". Unfortunately she passed away at a young age. Her parents have done a good job of getting her music out there. Maybe, just maybe they have the master recordings.
Gerry Mittica

Offline squasher

• View Profile
Eva Cassidy!
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 09:11:11 AM »
I second the Eva Cassidy suggestion/recommendation!

Chris
Chris Kniker

Offline astrotoy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 02:41:53 AM »
See my post in this thread back on March 25, 2008. I give the vinyl details of the "Songbird" album. Eva Cassidy is one of my favorites also.  Her one vinyl album, "Songbird" was issued after her untimely death. I am not a pop music fan and had never heard Sting's "Fields of Gold", the first cut on this album.  Eva sings with such purity of voice and depth of feeling - takes my breath away.  I recently heard Sting's version - it sounds sing songy, like a poem by Alfred Lord Tennyson "think Charge of the Light Brigade."  Since her parents hold the rights to her songs - this might be a chance for TP.  Hoping, Larry
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 02:46:17 AM by astrotoy »
Larry Toy CharterMember-BHReproTechnics1506/Akai747dbx/OtariMX5050B3-ClassicalVinylFreak-15Krecs-VPIHRXRimDrv-LyraSkala-HelikonMono-HerronVTSP3A/BHPhonoPre-PacificMicrosonics Model2 - Pyramix&MykerinosCard-OppoNE-Proceed AVP2+6/CVP2-CJ MET1-Cary 2A3SE-AvantgardeDuos-3Solos-VelodyneDD18Sub

Offline mittg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 07:32:15 PM »
"Live at Blues Alley" is a great recording. My understanding is that her cancer was taking over and it was her last appearance. On stage leading up to "What a Wonderful world" she says "This ones for my Mom and Dad". Then she sings it with so much feeling that you can not help but feel it over and over. I have the Songbird isc also. It would be a wonderful tribute to her to take this up at the tape project. "you take my breath away," At Last" are done so well that they can only compliment the artists before her.
Gerry Mittica