TP-027, Jerry Garcia / David Grisman wins a Writer's Choice Award from Myles Astor of Positive Feedback Online

Author Topic: What's shipping next?  (Read 33163 times)

Offline astrotoy

• View Profile
What's shipping next?
« on: January 25, 2010, 07:45:31 PM »
I just got my UPS notification that a package is coming - due for arrival on January 27th.   Any hints as to what it is?   Thanks, Larry
Larry Toy CharterMember-BHReproTechnics1506/Akai747dbx/OtariMX5050B3-ClassicalVinylFreak-15Krecs-VPIHRXRimDrv-LyraSkala-HelikonMono-HerronVTSP3A/BHPhonoPre-PacificMicrosonics Model2 - Pyramix&MykerinosCard-OppoNE-Proceed AVP2+6/CVP2-CJ MET1-Cary 2A3SE-AvantgardeDuos-3Solos-VelodyneDD18Sub

Offline MylesAstor

• View Profile
    • Positive-Feedback Online
Re: What's shipping next?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 08:03:16 PM »
I just got my UPS notification that a package is coming - due for arrival on January 27th.   Any hints as to what it is?   Thanks, Larry

Me too....assume it's the Linda Ronstadt. The sample I heard in Vegas in the TAD room, despite the monitors, sounded pretty good.
Myles B. Astor
Magico S5 Mk. 2/cj ART>cj GAT Series 2 preamp>Doshi 3.0 phono>VPI Vanquish/3D arm/Atlas SL/Ortofon A95 cartridges/SRA Ohio Class XL+2 base>Technics 1506/low ind. FM heads/balanced out/Doshi V3.0 tape stage>Kubala-Sosna Emotion/ Transparent Audio Gen. 5; Viero speaker cables

Offline docb

• Administrator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 08:14:30 PM »
Yes we began shipping Heart Like a Wheel today, from a big stack of albums on the packing table. They will be going out this week as fast as I can print the cover art, probably about 20 a day.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project

Offline TomR

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 08:21:35 PM »
Woohoo!  Just my notice today as well - have you guys managed to ramp up production volumes? Usually it seems like there are a few reviews and comments even before I receive my notice.
Thomas Ream

Technics RS1520(not yet modified)/Nottingham Space 294 w/Koetsu Black and Simaudio LP5.3/Sony XA9000ES/ReVox A-77/Simaudio I-7/B&W 804's

Offline docb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 08:36:17 PM »
In the past our shipping was so spread out that we took great care to ship in numerical order. For this album Shawn devoted a couple of days last week to putting flanges on pancakes and getting the setup boxes labeled and packed with tapes. So we already have pretty close to all the Ronstadt albums packed except for the insertion of cover art. I think the packers are just moving through the stack of albums as quickly as possible as the artwork gets completed and not spending so much time putting each tape in the packing queue by numerical order. Most folks should have their album shipping by week's end, save for a few more recent subscribers who I believe we still need to do a small catch-up run for.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle

Offline mikel

• View Profile
    • my system page.
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 02:55:42 PM »
any news about new titles shipping? i need to scratch my 'new tape' itch.

it's been over 2 months since the last one.

Mike
Mike Lavigne

Offline xcortes

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2010, 03:18:10 PM »
it's been over 2 months since the last one

give the guys a break! they're trying to figure out if right channel on the right side is right or viceversa.

just kiddin'. i'm still without my tape rig until two weeks from now when mike spitz flies down all the way from ny to set up my atr so i'm not in a rush.
Xavier Cortes

Offline docb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2010, 05:27:58 PM »
TP-016 is packed and we are just awaiting final approval of the artwork, which I will probably have today or tomorrow. So it should begin shipping in the next day or two. There was some delay in getting this one out because we have been doing a "catch up run", making and shipping a very large number of albums from previous releases that have been ordered over the past several weeks. Nearly as many previously released albums have been put together and shipped in the past six weeks as we ship in a first run of a new album.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 06:22:30 PM »
Ooh,..#016!!!
Can't wait!
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline mikel

• View Profile
    • my system page.
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2010, 10:07:41 PM »
TP-016 is packed and we are just awaiting final approval of the artwork, which I will probably have today or tomorrow. So it should begin shipping in the next day or two. There was some delay in getting this one out because we have been doing a "catch up run", making and shipping a very large number of albums from previous releases that have been ordered over the past several weeks. Nearly as many previously released albums have been put together and shipped in the past six weeks as we ship in a first run of a new album.

perfect!

thanks Doc, great to hear. i'll be waiting anxiously.

mikel
Mike Lavigne

Offline kipdent

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2010, 06:59:59 AM »
TP-016 is packed and we are just awaiting final approval of the artwork, which I will probably have today or tomorrow. So it should begin shipping in the next day or two.

Thanks, Doc! This will be a fun one. Just to be on the cheeky (and greedy!) side, could you give us an update on when you think TP-014 might be ready? It'll be fun to get some classical in this mix, too--

Kip
Kip Peterson
Vintage-centric system with Apogee Acoustics Scintilla ribbon loudspeakers, Micro Seiki RX-5000 turntable and other odd bits of tube and solid state gear. Now a proud owner of a Studer A80 RC Mk II tape machine!

Offline docb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2010, 10:13:22 AM »
I'm going to let Paul give you an estimate on the Series Two classical titles. They will probably be the last couple of albums to ship, as the scheduling has worked out such that they will be the last two titles in the series to be mastered. I believe Paul is either getting ready for or already on a vacation, so it may be a bit before he can weigh in here.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle

Offline c1ferrari

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2010, 12:42:44 AM »
Terrific :-) 
Sam Lucero
SPQCV
:-)

Offline docb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2010, 08:02:51 PM »
Hi guys,

Just wanted to let you know that we are not slacking on TP-016. I am awaiting the "any day now" delivery of some paper that I thought would already be here by now. As soon as it shows we will be a printin' cover art and a shippin'. The pace will be steady rather than frantic as I messed up my leg and am stuck on crutches for a week, and the printer is in the office down a wicked set of stairs...
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle

Offline docb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2010, 04:11:48 PM »
So the "any day now" delivery of the paper for the cover art stretched to nearly four weeks! Supposed to be here tomorrow. Apologies for the delay, once we get our groove on TP-016 will be flying out of here in large quantities.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle