Check out the new Tape Project website at tapeproject.com, now with online ordering. Inventory is updated every week, so stop by often to see what we have in stock.

Author Topic: What's shipping next?  (Read 33326 times)

Offline docb

• Administrator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
Re: What's shipping next?
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2010, 12:00:03 PM »
TP-016 is beginning to ship today. We should get about 1/3 of them shipped today, and the rest shipped by early next week. After these ship we will be doing a catch up run of around 50 orders for previously released albums. Then we will move on to shipping TP-017.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2010, 02:13:48 PM »
Woo Hoo!
I can't wait to hear what this one sounds on 15 ips tape!
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline mikel

• View Profile
    • my system page.
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2010, 06:11:18 PM »
i just got my UPS shipping notice.....so TP-016 tomorrow afternoon...thanks guys!
Mike Lavigne

Offline c1ferrari

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2010, 08:16:39 PM »
Terrific news!
Sam Lucero
SPQCV
:-)

Offline docb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2010, 02:29:43 PM »
The last few TP-016s that we have made up should be shipping today and tomorrow. After that we are doing another catch up run, with a lot of TP-009s shipping out, followed by a fair number of TP-010s and many other Series One and Two titles. Then we will get into shipping TP-017, Little Hatch: Rock With Me Baby.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle

Offline kipdent

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2010, 04:01:35 PM »
Itchin' to know like the rest of you guys--what's next and when? I know TP-014 from a previous post by DocB is going to be about the last to ship, but how about 18 or 20 which are also left on my subscription? Any of those would be very welcome!  ;-)

Kip
Kip Peterson
Vintage-centric system with Apogee Acoustics Scintilla ribbon loudspeakers, Micro Seiki RX-5000 turntable and other odd bits of tube and solid state gear. Now a proud owner of a Studer A80 RC Mk II tape machine!

Offline docb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2010, 04:44:56 PM »
We're finishing up the large catch up run mentioned in my previous post, then we will be shipping TP-017 and TP-018 after that. Not sure yet what the delivery order of TP-014, TP-019 and TP-020 will be, but we will just keep shippin' 'em as fast as we can.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle

Offline MylesAstor

• View Profile
    • Positive-Feedback Online
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2010, 08:35:51 PM »
We're finishing up the large catch up run mentioned in my previous post, then we will be shipping TP-017 and TP-018 after that. Not sure yet what the delivery order of TP-014, TP-019 and TP-020 will be, but we will just keep shippin' 'em as fast as we can.

Can't wait after The Band release. That was a treat!
Myles B. Astor
Magico S5 Mk. 2/cj ART>cj GAT Series 2 preamp>Doshi 3.0 phono>VPI Vanquish/3D arm/Atlas SL/Ortofon A95 cartridges/SRA Ohio Class XL+2 base>Technics 1506/low ind. FM heads/balanced out/Doshi V3.0 tape stage>Kubala-Sosna Emotion/ Transparent Audio Gen. 5; Viero speaker cables

Offline kipdent

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2010, 09:46:00 PM »
Agree with Myles--and thanks for the update, Dan!

Kip
Kip Peterson
Vintage-centric system with Apogee Acoustics Scintilla ribbon loudspeakers, Micro Seiki RX-5000 turntable and other odd bits of tube and solid state gear. Now a proud owner of a Studer A80 RC Mk II tape machine!

Offline jcmusic

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2010, 09:46:14 PM »
What's the latest shipping news???

Jay
Redpoint Model D TT/Soundsmith Sotto Voce Cartridge Otari MX 5050 BII/BH Tube Repro deHavilland Model 222
 Ah Njoe Tjoeb 4000, Rogue Magnum 99, Korneff 45 SET Amp, Klipsch K-Horns Bass Bins/2" Tractrix Horns 2" BMS Drivers, Vintage Tubes.

Offline docb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2010, 09:15:42 AM »
Over the past few weeks something like a half ton of catch up albums have shipped, both 1/4" and 1/2". We had so many catchup albums to ship that we were worried that the folding banquet tables we had temporarily stored them on while we got the artwork printed might collapse (moving into our new facility next month is going to make packing and shipping operations for two businesses a lot easier to do). There are still a few catch up albums left to ship, I think there are maybe around 15 or 20 shipping today. In the meantime the Little Hatch album is being packed and the artwork layout has been completed and awaiting the guys to sign off on it, so TP-017 should be coming out of the chute quite soon.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle

Offline docb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2010, 11:58:00 AM »
Starting to print the Little Hatch artwork today. We should see the first albums going out early next week.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 02:12:08 PM by docb »
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2010, 02:10:39 PM »
Very cool!
That should be a killer tape.
One thing I love about these tapes is the way you can hear the improvements on any genre of music. I know that some folks think that the cost of these tapes is harder to justify with anything other than big symphonic works but I couldn't disagree more strongly. I was kinda shocked by how good "Stage Fright" sounds and for my ears at least, it set a totally new standard for just how good a rock album could sound.
I spend a little time lurking on some of the "Pro Audio" forums hoping that something will rub off on me. And it used to be that I didn't have a grasp of the sound that some of those guys were talking about. "Stage Fright" was one of those "OK, now I get it" moments for me.
Priceless IMHO!
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline mikel

• View Profile
    • my system page.
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2010, 08:22:36 PM »
Starting to print the Little Hatch artwork today. We should see the first albums going out early next week.

excellent news!
Mike Lavigne

Offline mikel

• View Profile
    • my system page.
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2010, 06:12:52 AM »
got my shipping notice for (i assume) 'Little Hatch' for delivery later today. i've been looking forward to this one for awhile as i'm very curious how Chad's stuff can sound.

tomorrow night i'm hosting our local monthly audio club meeting in my room. i should have 15-25 attendees and the focus will be on both vinyl and tape. 'Little Hatch' will be a fun one for that i would think. any tape heads are welcome to join in. 6pm--9:30pm. actual meeting 7:30pm -9:30pm.

e-mail me for directions; [email protected]

Mike Lavigne