Can you believe it? Tape Project is ten years old! Thanks to everyone who has supported us in introducing studio quality tape reproduction to the audiophile community!

Author Topic: a possible concern  (Read 4334 times)

Offline docb

• Administrator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
a possible concern
« on: January 12, 2010, 08:45:04 PM »
I was just given a list of a collection of "master tapes" that a person is selling. Among those items listed is a copy of Bruch, Scottish Fantasia, featuring David Oistrakh and the LSO. It is not clear in the brief description on the list whether this 15ips tape is a copy made many years ago from a Decca safety copy (or perhaps a copy made from an LP or CD), or if it is a dub of our Tape Project release. Hopefully it is one of the former, as if it is the latter and we find that someone has been selling unauthorized dubs of our albums we are bound to pursue legal action even though we may not savor the hassle and discomfort. For the record, I do not think that the seller is aware of the legal ramifications of selling unauthorized dubs, and I have not said that these are indisputably unauthorized dubs. But I am compelled to protect our enterprise.

I really hate having to post this, and I apologize for the negative vibe.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project

Offline rbwtapeinterlink-Bob

• For The Love Of Music
    • View Profile
    • Power Telecommunication for business & the church!
Re: a possible concern
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 02:37:07 PM »
This is serious business. If this is a duplicate, I don't blame you for taking this tone. It it's a duplicate that's stealing plain and simple. Let's hope that's not the case.

Bob
Bob W. (African American) VPI, Ref Standard Grado, Denon 103r, Threshold, DecWare tube pre and Classe pre amp, Jolida tube phono pre amp, (Peter Gunn) modified Magnapan 1.6, Tascam 32-2B & 42B tape decks, Parasound belt drive CD transport, Pacific Valve tube DAC, VPI  TT, various upscale cables.

Offline docb

• Administrator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
Re: a possible concern
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 04:34:34 PM »
I heard back from the person and apparently the tapes were all quite old, so they may just have been dubs from vinyl.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project