Can you believe it? Tape Project is ten years old! Thanks to everyone who has supported us in introducing studio quality tape reproduction to the audiophile community!

Author Topic: Tension arm roller and cap for X-2000r  (Read 6630 times)

Offline soundbug1

• View Profile
Tension arm roller and cap for X-2000r
« on: February 11, 2010, 12:07:33 PM »
Looking for the tension arm roller and cap for this unit. I know the roller for the X-1000 will not cross on this item but wondered if the parts for the X-7 will. Does anyone here have a spare to sell, know of a used/new parts stock or have info on a cross reference. Thanks so much,

Mark

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Re: Tension arm roller and cap for X-2000r
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 12:59:30 PM »
Hi Mark,

Give these guys a holler. They might have what you need.
I've given them as a source for Teac/Sony/Pioneer etc parts a few times but I've never actually heard back from any of the members I've sent there. So, please let us know if they've come through for you. If they aren't helping folks out there's no reason for me to continue posting their link.

http://www.reelprosoundguys.com/
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline soundbug1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 12:17:34 PM »
Thanks. So far, everyone I ask says ask TEAC. Teac says the part is discontinued.

Mark

Offline Tim

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 02:00:16 PM »
I recently obtained from Teac a tension roller shaft and tension roller for the Tascam BR20 .   As long as the shaft is the same diameter (and can fit into the tension arm hole of the X2000r) then it would work.  Just cosmetically the roller would look slightly different.  What's the shaft diameter in MM?  BTW, most, if not all of the transport parts are available new from Teac for the model BR20. 
Tim Leinbaugh
Service Technician
with RTR specialty.

Offline cupboy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 08:25:26 PM »
I just need 2 tension roller caps. Will the BR20 caps fit a Tascam 34B, and does Teac sell them separately or do I have to by an entire assembly or something?

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2010, 08:50:54 PM »
Hey cupboy (I'm not sure if I wanta know the story behind that moniker but we use our real names here on this forum),

Welcome to the forum.
I'd try contacting Tascam/Teac support to find out if they have the real part or if the BR20 caps will fit.
Otherwise, try some of the online guys like the above mentioned 'reelsoundguys' or maybe Rolf at:
http://www.angelfire.com/electronic2/vintagetx/
Either of those guys may have exactly what you want used. Don't go by what they have on their sites (in fact, I never even bother looking) email them. That kind of stuff changes daily.
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades