TP-027, Jerry Garcia / David Grisman wins a Writer's Choice Award from Myles Astor of Positive Feedback Online

Author Topic: Barclay-Crocker tape catalog?  (Read 31070 times)

Offline astrotoy

• View Profile
Re: Barclay-Crocker tape catalog?
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2010, 08:28:04 PM »
Thanks, Tom. I misunderstood your post.  Next time I come down to PA, I'll let you know to pick up the autograph!  Thanks for getting it and keeping it for me.   Larry
Larry Toy CharterMember-BHReproTechnics1506/Akai747dbx/OtariMX5050B3-ClassicalVinylFreak-15Krecs-VPIHRXRimDrv-LyraSkala-HelikonMono-HerronVTSP3A/BHPhonoPre-PacificMicrosonics Model2 - Pyramix&MykerinosCard-OppoNE-Proceed AVP2+6/CVP2-CJ MET1-Cary 2A3SE-AvantgardeDuos-3Solos-VelodyneDD18Sub

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2010, 10:51:33 PM »
I spent some time tonight going through the catalogs and my personal lists and 338 sounds about right.
As I told Larry in an email, a fellow collector I know spoke with Tony Barclay and he was unaware that the last listing of BC releases, that was sent to dealers, was incomplete and had no idea why there never was an official complete listing of the tapes. The tapes that the listing lacked (off the top of our heads) were;

Argo E-1015 Elgar/Marriner
Desmar E-1015 German Music of the Middle Ages and Renaissance
Entr acte 6504 Music from King Kong
MHS
C-0841 Mozart Serenades 11,12
C-1218 Sibelius Piano Music
C-3187 Poulenc Villa-Lobs Wind music   
C-1751 Poulenc Organ Music
C-3324 Saint-Saens Chamber Works

Whatever the total count was, this is an excellent core of classical music available on tape.
And out of the 250 odd tapes I have, I've only found 4 that are squeaky. These tapes are all on a different colored oxide (a little on the gray side of brown) and on close examination of 2, something was obviously spilled on them.
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline astrotoy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2010, 01:23:05 AM »
Thanks for the update Steve.  After Steve PM'ed me with a few additions, it looks like the total number we have (Steve has more than twice as many as me) is 273 and the total number of B-C's is about 347, including a half dozen issues that were made in both dolby B and dbx II.  I have 13 of the dbx II issues, more than half were only done in dbx II.  Now that the prices of B-C tapes have come out of the stratosphere, we may be able to get a few more of the ones we are missing at a reasonable price.   Larry 
Larry Toy CharterMember-BHReproTechnics1506/Akai747dbx/OtariMX5050B3-ClassicalVinylFreak-15Krecs-VPIHRXRimDrv-LyraSkala-HelikonMono-HerronVTSP3A/BHPhonoPre-PacificMicrosonics Model2 - Pyramix&MykerinosCard-OppoNE-Proceed AVP2+6/CVP2-CJ MET1-Cary 2A3SE-AvantgardeDuos-3Solos-VelodyneDD18Sub

Offline david winter

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2012, 11:42:50 AM »
Hello,

I'm new to this forum after searching for BC tape infos.
Anyone made scans of the last catalog showing all titles issued as well as the numbers made ?

Thanks,

David