Check out the new Tape Project website at tapeproject.com, now with online ordering. Inventory is updated every week, so stop by often to see what we have in stock.

Author Topic: This Borders on the Ridiculous!!!  (Read 6154 times)

Offline MylesAstor

• View Profile
    • Positive-Feedback Online
This Borders on the Ridiculous!!!
« on: February 14, 2010, 12:46:25 PM »
This belongs on the portion of the Jay Leno show where the audience votes whether the item did or didn't sell!

Myles

http://cgi.ebay.com/Elvis-Presley-Master-Tape-Sample_W0QQitemZ160403339540QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2558c8b914
Myles B. Astor
Magico S5 Mk. 2/cj ART>cj GAT Series 2 preamp>Doshi 3.0 phono>VPI Vanquish/3D arm/Atlas SL/Ortofon A95 cartridges/SRA Ohio Class XL+2 base>Technics 1506/low ind. FM heads/balanced out/Doshi V3.0 tape stage>Kubala-Sosna Emotion/ Transparent Audio Gen. 5; Viero speaker cables

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Re: This Borders on the Ridiculous!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 01:06:07 PM »
Gee Myles,.. what's so weird about that!?
I think I've been said it here before, but when it comes to collectors, I honestly just don't get it!

There used to be a site that linked the craziest items for sale on eBay. I think I found it when that guys was auctioning off everything that he owned with the caveat that he had the right to visit the item.
One of my favorites was a necklace that had a piece of reindeer dung for the pendant. IIRC, it was a bargain at $7.99.
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline Dave Cawley

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 01:23:33 PM »
Two inches, zero feedback, registered under 2 months~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dave

Offline Teeg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 03:18:52 PM »
  If that was a master, shouldn't it be on a larger-width tape? It's hard to guess the size from that photo, but it looks 1/4" to me.

But then again, lets assume he does get $350 for that 2" length. If the original tape was 2500 feet on a 10.5 NAB reel, that would mean he has 14,999 more pieces to sell, with a profit potential of $5,249,650.

Silly........

Tj
T.j. Bassi  
    Martin Logan reQuests....Martin Logan Descent x 2....Atma-Sphere MA1 OTL amplification....Krell KPS25s digital front end....VPI Scoutmaster....Studer A80 VU MKII....Ampex 300-2 Tube/SS Playback "Ampexius Maximus"....Ampex MR-70

Offline MylesAstor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 05:48:48 PM »
Gee Myles,.. what's so weird about that!?
I think I've been said it here before, but when it comes to collectors, I honestly just don't get it!

There used to be a site that linked the craziest items for sale on eBay. I think I found it when that guys was auctioning off everything that he owned with the caveat that he had the right to visit the item.
One of my favorites was a necklace that had a piece of reindeer dung for the pendant. IIRC, it was a bargain at $7.99.

I liked the cornflakes shaped like states that sold on Ebay---or the small bottle of NYC tap water that also sold on Ebay :)

Myles
Myles B. Astor
Magico S5 Mk. 2/cj ART>cj GAT Series 2 preamp>Doshi 3.0 phono>VPI Vanquish/3D arm/Atlas SL/Ortofon A95 cartridges/SRA Ohio Class XL+2 base>Technics 1506/low ind. FM heads/balanced out/Doshi V3.0 tape stage>Kubala-Sosna Emotion/ Transparent Audio Gen. 5; Viero speaker cables

Offline c1ferrari

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 08:18:07 PM »
"I liked the cornflakes shaped like states that sold on Ebay---or the small bottle of NYC tap water that also sold on Ebay :)

Myles"

You're kidding about the NYC tap H2O...right?

-Sam
Sam Lucero
SPQCV
:-)

Offline MylesAstor

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 09:16:32 PM »
"I liked the cornflakes shaped like states that sold on Ebay---or the small bottle of NYC tap water that also sold on Ebay :)

Myles"

You're kidding about the NYC tap H2O...right?

-Sam

Nope Sam, couldn't make that one up :)
Myles B. Astor

Offline c1ferrari

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 07:47:33 PM »
Not to be sacrilegious, but perhaps the H2O was blessed or maybe, it was purchased as an audiophile tweak :-)
Sam Lucero
SPQCV
:-)