TP-027, Jerry Garcia / David Grisman wins a Writer's Choice Award from Myles Astor of Positive Feedback Online

Author Topic: This Borders on the Ridiculous!!!  (Read 6159 times)

Offline MylesAstor

• View Profile
    • Positive-Feedback Online
This Borders on the Ridiculous!!!
« on: February 14, 2010, 12:46:25 PM »
This belongs on the portion of the Jay Leno show where the audience votes whether the item did or didn't sell!

Myles

http://cgi.ebay.com/Elvis-Presley-Master-Tape-Sample_W0QQitemZ160403339540QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2558c8b914
Myles B. Astor
Magico S5 Mk. 2/cj ART>cj GAT Series 2 preamp>Doshi 3.0 phono>VPI Vanquish/3D arm/Atlas SL/Ortofon A95 cartridges/SRA Ohio Class XL+2 base>Technics 1506/low ind. FM heads/balanced out/Doshi V3.0 tape stage>Kubala-Sosna Emotion/ Transparent Audio Gen. 5; Viero speaker cables

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Re: This Borders on the Ridiculous!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 01:06:07 PM »
Gee Myles,.. what's so weird about that!?
I think I've been said it here before, but when it comes to collectors, I honestly just don't get it!

There used to be a site that linked the craziest items for sale on eBay. I think I found it when that guys was auctioning off everything that he owned with the caveat that he had the right to visit the item.
One of my favorites was a necklace that had a piece of reindeer dung for the pendant. IIRC, it was a bargain at $7.99.
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline Dave Cawley

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 01:23:33 PM »
Two inches, zero feedback, registered under 2 months~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dave

Offline Teeg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 03:18:52 PM »
  If that was a master, shouldn't it be on a larger-width tape? It's hard to guess the size from that photo, but it looks 1/4" to me.

But then again, lets assume he does get $350 for that 2" length. If the original tape was 2500 feet on a 10.5 NAB reel, that would mean he has 14,999 more pieces to sell, with a profit potential of $5,249,650.

Silly........

Tj
T.j. Bassi  
    Martin Logan reQuests....Martin Logan Descent x 2....Atma-Sphere MA1 OTL amplification....Krell KPS25s digital front end....VPI Scoutmaster....Studer A80 VU MKII....Ampex 300-2 Tube/SS Playback "Ampexius Maximus"....Ampex MR-70

Offline MylesAstor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 05:48:48 PM »
Gee Myles,.. what's so weird about that!?
I think I've been said it here before, but when it comes to collectors, I honestly just don't get it!

There used to be a site that linked the craziest items for sale on eBay. I think I found it when that guys was auctioning off everything that he owned with the caveat that he had the right to visit the item.
One of my favorites was a necklace that had a piece of reindeer dung for the pendant. IIRC, it was a bargain at $7.99.

I liked the cornflakes shaped like states that sold on Ebay---or the small bottle of NYC tap water that also sold on Ebay :)

Myles
Myles B. Astor
Magico S5 Mk. 2/cj ART>cj GAT Series 2 preamp>Doshi 3.0 phono>VPI Vanquish/3D arm/Atlas SL/Ortofon A95 cartridges/SRA Ohio Class XL+2 base>Technics 1506/low ind. FM heads/balanced out/Doshi V3.0 tape stage>Kubala-Sosna Emotion/ Transparent Audio Gen. 5; Viero speaker cables

Offline c1ferrari

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 08:18:07 PM »
"I liked the cornflakes shaped like states that sold on Ebay---or the small bottle of NYC tap water that also sold on Ebay :)

Myles"

You're kidding about the NYC tap H2O...right?

-Sam
Sam Lucero
SPQCV
:-)

Offline MylesAstor

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 09:16:32 PM »
"I liked the cornflakes shaped like states that sold on Ebay---or the small bottle of NYC tap water that also sold on Ebay :)

Myles"

You're kidding about the NYC tap H2O...right?

-Sam

Nope Sam, couldn't make that one up :)
Myles B. Astor

Offline c1ferrari

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 07:47:33 PM »
Not to be sacrilegious, but perhaps the H2O was blessed or maybe, it was purchased as an audiophile tweak :-)
Sam Lucero
SPQCV
:-)