TP-028, Nat Adderley's Work Song is now available

Author Topic: Tape Project/Headfi demo  (Read 4230 times)

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Tape Project/Headfi demo
« on: February 18, 2010, 10:43:51 PM »
Hey guys,

Those of you who've been hanging around this forum for a while have probably seen some of my previous postings for a chance to hear The Tape Project's tapes first hand. For some who aren't fond of headphones (or haven't been exposed to the better systems available now) may be disappointed to find out that this demo is a headphone only event. But, if you're going to be in the SF Bay Area on Feb. 27 and you'd like to hear why some many of us here are so passionate about the releases, here's your chance.

The event is a Headfi meet. If you're unfamiliar with Headfi, we're a non-profit group of headphone crazies and a few times a year we get together and share our systems with whoever is interested in listening.

The meet will be held at the Doubletree Hotel in Burlingame between 9:30am and 6pm and although it's free of charge, any donations to help pay for the room rental would be appreciated.
Here's the thread with links to the hotel location and the second posting shows some of the gear that members will have available for listening.
Hope to see you there!

BTW If you're planning on attending and have a particular TP release you want to be sure and hear, PM me and I'll be sure and bring it (what a pleasure to be able to say,.. I ain't bringin' them all!).

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f24/norcal-san-francisco-bay-area-meet-2-27-2010-a-461831/
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline Romo

• Michael Romanowski
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • tapeproject
Re: Tape Project/Headfi demo
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 11:27:21 AM »
Hey Steve,
Thanks for the info. I'd really like to be there, but I am recording at the Paramount in Oakland that night. I hope you have a great time with all the headfi folks.
Please take some picts and post them here after the show.

Michael
Managing Director
The Tape Project

Offline steveidosound

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 11:38:50 PM »
Good to see you there again Steve representing The Tape Project. Wonderful sound as always.
Steve Williams

you don't want to know what equipment I listen to...

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 06:09:55 PM »
I was waiting for folks to start posting more pictures of the meet but they're coming in pretty sloooow.

I'd like to thank steveidosound for helping me find the source of some spurious noises that my rig was making. For the most part, moving it did solve the major issues but it never did sound as good as it should have IMHO. As Doc says,.." That's show biz"
I had a great time as usual, turning novices onto the "Church of the Holy Reel" and folks sure dug that Ronstadt and Monk tapes.

Unfortunately, I was finally "forced" to listen to what most folks consider the "King of Dynamic Cans" ( Sony MDR-10) with my rig and now I'm ruined. Long out of their limited production and selling for prices that put them in the unobtainium range. I'd heard them enough times with digital rigs that I knew their potential but now I know. Hopefully the prices will continue to climb faster than I can squirrel away enough money to get a pair!

So, here's some nice pictures of the meet.
(BTW, Romo, I didn't know you knew Al Bedecarre?)

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f45/norcal-sf-bay-area-feb-27-meet-impressions-474994/index4.html
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades