Check out the new Tape Project website at tapeproject.com, now with online ordering. Inventory is updated every week, so stop by often to see what we have in stock.

Author Topic: ANOTHER "Tape Project" post on The Absolute Sound web site!  (Read 3869 times)

Offline Greg Beron

• View Profile
    • United Home Audio
ANOTHER "Tape Project" post on The Absolute Sound web site!
« on: February 23, 2010, 02:25:39 PM »
THE ABSOLUTE SOUND  THE ABSOLUTE SOUND  THE ABSOLUTE SOUND  THE ABSOLUTE SOUND  THE ABSOLUTE SOUND  THE ABSOLUTE SOUND THE ABSOLUTE SOUND  THE ABSOLUTE SOUND THE ABSOLUTE SOUND

Jonathan Valin has again mentioned The Tape Project tapes as the best source he has ever heard!

This newest statement is in his latest blog on avguide.com web site regarding the new Magneplanar 1.7 speakers.
http://www.avguide.com/blog/magneplanar-17-first-listen-repost

Quotes from the blog:
"and fed by the best sources I?ve heard?the Walker Proscenium Black Diamond Mk II record player with Da Vinci Reference Grandezza Mk II cartridge and the ?Level 5? United Home Audio TASCAM 15ips, two-track tape deck playing back fabulous second-generation mastertapes from The Tape Project."

"5. Their soundstaging is simply the best I?ve heard from a dipole. With the right source (like The Tape Project?s dub of Reference Recording's Arnold Overtures?horrible music, great sound"

Funny thing, I know many people that have hated the Arnold Overtures on CD but were profoundly amazed by it on The Tape Project tape. It seems like a common statement after hearing the "B" side of the tape is "I have goose bumps".
You know... I think that's what Malcolm intended. 

Picture from the blog, you can even see a Tape Project tape on the tape deck!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 09:36:34 AM by Greg Beron »
UNITED HOME AUDIO
UHA Reel To Reel tape decks / High End Audio
WASHINGTON DC / MARYLAND / VIRGINIA
www.unitedhomeaudio.com