Check out the new Tape Project website at tapeproject.com, now with online ordering. Inventory is updated every week, so stop by often to see what we have in stock.

Author Topic: 1001 Members!  (Read 3612 times)

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
1001 Members!
« on: March 11, 2010, 08:09:43 PM »
I must've miss the drum roll or something but it seems we've passed a milestone sometime today (I never remember to watch the odometer either). Who would've thunk it back in late 2007 when this forum started.

For those where weren't hanging around here, it seemed like we were at the under 50 member count for a really long time. There were some mysterious spikes in traffic but it wasn't until the first tapes starting going out to subscribers that membership began moving steadily upward.
It's gratifying to see that the civility and member's eagerness to help each other out has been unchanged right up to the present.

I've gotta say thanks to Doc for giving us a place to blab on and on about a technology that was considered so dead a few years ago (at least for consumers) that folks are still almost giving away perfectly good machines today (you still see the occasional $100 Otari).

I am (and aways have been) the type that just loves to fool around tweaking my gear and I think we can get a little too wrapped up with our equipment. But, when it comes right down to it, it's all about the tapes really. It would be one thing if this catalog of titles were going to be available for sale forever, but they aren't. So, if you're deciding between upgrading to that $4k phono cartridge and a Charter or Selective subscription, the cartridge will still be available 2 years from now. Some of the titles will not. (sermon over)

So congrats to Doc, Paul and Romo! And keep these wonderful tapes coming!
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline c1ferrari

• View Profile
Re: 1001 Members!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 01:03:51 AM »
Commendation to TTP and all those that cherish and nurture analogue tape magic!

Vbr,
Sam
Sam Lucero
SPQCV
:-)