TP-028, Nat Adderley's Work Song is now available

Author Topic: NAGRA IV-S Doubts!! HELP !!  (Read 3655 times)

Offline Santi

• View Profile
    • blog
NAGRA IV-S Doubts!! HELP !!
« on: March 17, 2010, 02:01:52 PM »
Guys i need help with this...

1- Wich are the best audio tapes for this machine. I am a professional musician and i am using this ones Ampex & Quanticy 478 1/4, 3M y Sondor tambien de 1/4.. is this ok? or are tapes much better than this ones? how can i notice when a tape is better than other... in the high frecuencies?

2- when i am in "test" position receiving signal from the mic lines i have louder volume than when i go to the "recording" postion, is that ok? why?s that?

3- From the master out, its better to go to an amplifier? or directly to speakers? wich is the diference from the output of the mic lines sides from the output of the power supply? I use an apogee interface, its ok to go through the interface?
Wich amplifier o you recomend me in case i need it? something not expensive pls!!

4- the headphones input has 6 positions (C. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5) i listen every thing ok in the position 4, why is that? it?s broken? i noticed that other nagras have instead of 4 a Stereo word... i thought that the numbers was the volume...

i think thats all

thank you!!
Santiago Gonz?lez