TP-028, Nat Adderley's Work Song is now available

Author Topic: The first "Capital Audiofest" / Rockville Maryland  (Read 9285 times)

Offline Greg Beron

• View Profile
    • United Home Audio
The first "Capital Audiofest" / Rockville Maryland
« on: March 18, 2010, 11:06:17 AM »
Everyone in Washington DC / Baltimore / Philadelphia / New Jersey / Richmond /
take notice of the first Capital Audiofest at the beautiful Glenview Mansion in Rockville MD!

This beautiful large 19th century mansion is a fantastic place to feature some great sound. Audio shows like Rocky Mountain Audiofest or The Consumer Electronics Show take place in hotel rooms for the most part, this will be quite different!

Visit the United Home Audio room and hear The Tape Project tapes played on the UHA-HQ Reel To Reel decks. United Home Audio will be in the large 30' x 33' "Living Room" venue immediately to the right as you walk in the front door. In this large venue the sound of master tapes will be fantastic!

UHA will have two high end MBL systems (yes they are expensive and sound fantastic!) playing reel to reel decks featuring The Tape Project master tapes, plus a few surprises!

http://www.capitalaudiofest.com/

The date for this unique and exciting event is set for June 11-13, 2010 at the historic Glenview Mansion located on the grounds of the Rockville Civic Center in Rockville, MD. The venue is approximately 5 minutes from downtown Rockville, MD, 10 miles north of Washington DC and 45 minutes south of Baltimore, MD and has plenty of parking. The Glenview Mansion is a charming historic structure that was constructed in the 19th century by a local family and is surrounded by lovely parkland and well groomed grounds. The structure is very well constructed with stone, brick, plaster, old growth wide-plank hardwood floors and has high ceilings throughout. These qualities are near perfect for the reproduction of music and is a favorite venue for local performances. We believe it to be an ideal setting to hold the first ever hi-fi audio show in the Washington DC Capital area.

For any questions concerning table rentals, room rentals, availability, pricing etc. please contact Gary Gill at [email protected].

We plan to make this a casual fun-filled event for audiophiles, music lovers, music media and audio gear collectors, hobbyists, DIYers, dealers and manufacturers and will have table space, booths and rooms available for use. Families will also enjoy the beautiful park like setting along with great food and beverage. The event is expected to attract those interested in high quality vacuum tube and transistor audio equipment, analog and digital playback sources, buying and selling of LP records and CDs, and manufacturers of audio accessories from the Baltimore - Washington DC Metropolitan Area and beyond. The event will be catered by quality food and beverage vendors and plan to have live musical performances on two evenings as well as an indoor audio swap meet on Sunday AM. We hope to provide something of interest to all music lovers and look forward to seeing you at this exciting event!

Friday June 11
7:00AM - 11:00AM: Event Setup
11:00AM - 7:00PM: Event Open
7:30PM - 9:30PM: Music Event
10:00PM Closed (Security Provided)

Saturday June 12
9:00AM - 11:00AM: Event Setup
11:00AM - 7:00PM: Event Open
7:30PM - 9:30PM: Music Event
10:00PM Closed (Security Provided)

Sunday June 13

8:00AM - 11:00AM: Swap Meet
9:00AM - 11:00AM: Event Setup
11:00AM - 6:00PM: Event Open
6:00PM - 9:00PM: Cleanup

Now Advertising in the March issue of Stereophile and on-line with Audiogon.com and Enjoythemusic.com ! Be sure to link to our site for updates.

UNITED HOME AUDIO
UHA Reel To Reel tape decks / High End Audio
WASHINGTON DC / MARYLAND / VIRGINIA
www.unitedhomeaudio.com

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Re: The first "Capital Audiofest" / Rockville Maryland
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 02:28:12 PM »
That looks like it should be a super event Greg!
I'm dying to hear what the tapes will sound like on that Oswald Mill gear and of course your MBL system (I'm a pretty die hard tubes guy if you haven't noticed). I wish it was a little closer.
Please post pictures and impressions when you have a chance.

Thanks for the heads up!
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline Greg Beron

• View Profile
    • United Home Audio
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 02:51:57 PM »
The Capital Audiofest concluded yesterday and I thought it was a good show. The Glenview Mansion is a pillared, neoclassical, 19th century home in the 153-acre Rockville Civic Center Park. It was a beautiful venue and I think everyone was impressed not only by the venue but also by the diversity of equipment that was displayed. I was happy to see some enthusiastic Tape Project subscribers there and we even played some requests. The guys did like the "special" tapes that Paul made for me, especially the classical music one. We had two UHA-HQ decks on the big MBL system so I could keep the music going without any lull in the action. Of course we were the only room playing tape so that was quite interesting to everyone, all I can say is it was a good thing we had the biggest room in the mansion, 33x30'. There were times that the room was packed with standing room only, plus it seemed like I was answering questions as fast as I could at times about The Tape Project and tape decks. Someone requested 'Dark Side Of The Moon', of course I had recorded it from an expensive vinyl rig, so I played it at concert level to a packed crowd. Bam, there you have the sound of a $90k vinyl system reproduced from a $10k tape deck, that works. I believe from the last 3 shows I have done, RMAF 2009, CES 2010, CAF, (since I finally finished redesigning my UHA-HQ decks in October 2009) that this tape thing thing is starting to gain some momentum in the audiophile community. The Capital Audiofest clearly had quite a few people who were impressed by the sound of The Tape Project tapes and the versatility of the reel to reel recording capability. It was also surprising how many people knew about The Absolute Sound magazine "Golden Ear Award", many said that's actually how they found out about The Tape Project. 

Sometimes it was hard to get a seat.

What can I say, we have fun at United Home Audio.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 01:33:34 PM by Greg Beron »
UNITED HOME AUDIO
UHA Reel To Reel tape decks / High End Audio
WASHINGTON DC / MARYLAND / VIRGINIA
www.unitedhomeaudio.com

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 09:48:32 AM »
Great pic's Greg!
It looks like the gear wasn't the only thing worth checking out!

I can't really say I'm surprised how long it's taken for folks to "discover" just how good tape can sound but it's still gratifying to see it progressing.
I'd love to hear some impressions of any of the members that attended about the sound.
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades