TP-027, Jerry Garcia / David Grisman wins a Writer's Choice Award from Myles Astor of Positive Feedback Online

Author Topic: Pink Floyd on Pre-recorded RTR?  (Read 7439 times)

Offline heideana

• View Profile
Pink Floyd on Pre-recorded RTR?
« on: May 31, 2007, 12:23:46 PM »
Hi all...was any Pink Floyd ever available on Pre-recorded RTR?  I never see any on ebay and sometimes it seems a bit conspicuous in its' absence so to speak...Hop
Studer A810 and Otari MTR-15...Klipsch CWIII's, KG2's & RF7's

Truth is a kind of error, so vaporize it to find your way to heaven, or at least to a smile...

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Re: Pink Floyd on Pre-recorded RTR?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 06:04:08 PM »
I've seen Meddle, the double lp w/ "Be Careful With That Ax Eugene ( Ummagumma ?) and Atom Heart Mother. Actually, I just saw a copy of Meddle less than a month ago. I'm sure you could go to one of their fan sites and get a listing of what came out on r2r.  Some groups like that were released on 3 3/4 and 7 1/2 ips so if you just see a slow one, don't give up.
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline heideana

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 01:40:12 PM »
Thanks!!!  It means that they're just eluding me. 

Also, is it all the tapes from MagTec that are 7 1/2 ips?  That seems to be the story on Black Sabbath...I think?
Studer A810 and Otari MTR-15...Klipsch CWIII's, KG2's & RF7's

Truth is a kind of error, so vaporize it to find your way to heaven, or at least to a smile...

Offline Arnold_Layne

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2007, 07:44:35 PM »
I have only seen one myself, Atom Heart Mother. It's was produced in Japan. EMI Toshiba Odeon Catalog #OXA-5067

A_L