TP-028, Nat Adderley's Work Song is now available

Author Topic: trading tapes/reels  (Read 3940 times)

Offline Gkar

• Randy Warren
    • View Profile
trading tapes/reels
« on: April 17, 2010, 11:04:30 AM »
Not sure if this is allowed here or where to discuss this, but I was wondering about setting up a trade area for trading tapes and reels, in particular, I have some tapes with one good side and/or are on a bad/warped reel and would like to get/trade, etc. for another tape that had the other side in good shape or a reel that was not warped beyond use, also I am accumulating a number of reels and boxes in nice shape that I dumped the tape from as the tape was beyond hope, I am guessing I am not the only one having a bunch of boxes, reels, etc. that would be more useful to someone in need...
"Music possesses far richer means of expression, and it is a more subtle medium in which to translate the thousand shifting moments in the mood of a soul." - Tchaikovsky

Offline mikkelbreiler

• View Profile
Re: trading tapes/reels
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 03:54:31 AM »
Not sure if this is allowed here or where to discuss this, but I was wondering about setting up a trade area for trading tapes and reels, in particular, I have some tapes with one good side and/or are on a bad/warped reel and would like to get/trade, etc. for another tape that had the other side in good shape or a reel that was not warped beyond use, also I am accumulating a number of reels and boxes in nice shape that I dumped the tape from as the tape was beyond hope, I am guessing I am not the only one having a bunch of boxes, reels, etc. that would be more useful to someone in need...

I believe I have a number of 7'' reels in boxes by Scotch, from which I have scrapped the tape - some boxes are plastic and some are cardboard.  qty and style to be determined if there is interest; I will go look in the basement.

I may also have 20+ round plastic boxes where the bottom is gray and the top is see-through old BASF style. I bought a lot of 7'' white setup boxes and moved the reels but I did not throw these out in case I or someone else might find a use for them. I find they pile well and it is quick to see what is inside wo opening up the box. I think most if not near all are wo any writing. I may also have a pile of the round paper inserts for those who like the original BASF / AGFA style content sheets.

-Mikkel