Can you believe it? Tape Project is ten years old! Thanks to everyone who has supported us in introducing studio quality tape reproduction to the audiophile community!

Author Topic: Tower of Power  (Read 4571 times)

Offline blaupunk

• View Profile
Tower of Power
« on: March 30, 2010, 06:52:55 PM »
I just had the pleasure of hearing this band live for the first time.
Wow.
I would suggest any analog title this band cut, especially live.
Charles Vonderheid

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Re: Tower of Power
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 09:59:49 PM »
It's been a couple of years, but I've seen them a couple of times and I know what you're talking about CV.
Those guys really know how to put a program together and IMHO, there's a lot of bands that could take a few lessons from TOP.
I guess now days, they have folks that help to put together a great show and maybe that's why they seem so cookie cutter.

I can't say that I know all their albums but from the ones I'm familiar with, I'd put a vote in for "Back to Oakland". Killer stuff from the mid 70's like "Don't Change Horses" that makes you wanta do "The Slide"!
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline c1ferrari

• View Profile
Re: Tower of Power
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 01:58:31 AM »
In addition to "Back to Oakland", might I suggest the eponymous, "Tower of Power"...most excellent!

-Sam
Sam Lucero
SPQCV
:-)