Check out the new Tape Project website at tapeproject.com, now with online ordering. Inventory is updated every week, so stop by often to see what we have in stock.

Author Topic: Tower of Power  (Read 4572 times)

Offline blaupunk

• View Profile
Tower of Power
« on: March 30, 2010, 06:52:55 PM »
I just had the pleasure of hearing this band live for the first time.
Wow.
I would suggest any analog title this band cut, especially live.
Charles Vonderheid

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Re: Tower of Power
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 09:59:49 PM »
It's been a couple of years, but I've seen them a couple of times and I know what you're talking about CV.
Those guys really know how to put a program together and IMHO, there's a lot of bands that could take a few lessons from TOP.
I guess now days, they have folks that help to put together a great show and maybe that's why they seem so cookie cutter.

I can't say that I know all their albums but from the ones I'm familiar with, I'd put a vote in for "Back to Oakland". Killer stuff from the mid 70's like "Don't Change Horses" that makes you wanta do "The Slide"!
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline c1ferrari

• View Profile
Re: Tower of Power
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 01:58:31 AM »
In addition to "Back to Oakland", might I suggest the eponymous, "Tower of Power"...most excellent!

-Sam
Sam Lucero
SPQCV
:-)