Check out the new Tape Project website at tapeproject.com, now with online ordering. Inventory is updated every week, so stop by often to see what we have in stock.

Author Topic: Spring Scale for pinch roller adjustment  (Read 4235 times)

Offline eugen_syd

• View Profile
Spring Scale for pinch roller adjustment
« on: April 02, 2010, 04:27:38 PM »
Hi people,

I was wondering if anyone knows where you can buy an accurate spring scale (dynamometer) to adjust pinch roller tension and breaks. Something like 0-20N will do for now.

Thank you for your help.

From down under,

Eugen

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Re: Spring Scale for pinch roller adjustment
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 05:20:08 PM »
IMHO, you're better spending a little extra for a decent set of weights and calibrating any spring scale to the force that you're looking for. I use a cheap set of spring scales for measuring and have each one marked for a particular task. The force I'm measuring is in the middle of the scales range and I've put a mark on the scale at the point I've calibrated it for. I think I paid about $20 at Edmund Scientific for 3 scales.
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline traf

• View Profile
Re: Spring Scale for pinch roller adjustment
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 01:32:41 AM »
I have a number of unused precision spring scales (up to 30N), if still interested, please email me.
Tod