Can you believe it? Tape Project is ten years old! Thanks to everyone who has supported us in introducing studio quality tape reproduction to the audiophile community!

Author Topic: Spring Scale for pinch roller adjustment  (Read 4216 times)

Offline eugen_syd

• View Profile
Spring Scale for pinch roller adjustment
« on: April 02, 2010, 04:27:38 PM »
Hi people,

I was wondering if anyone knows where you can buy an accurate spring scale (dynamometer) to adjust pinch roller tension and breaks. Something like 0-20N will do for now.

Thank you for your help.

From down under,

Eugen

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Re: Spring Scale for pinch roller adjustment
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 05:20:08 PM »
IMHO, you're better spending a little extra for a decent set of weights and calibrating any spring scale to the force that you're looking for. I use a cheap set of spring scales for measuring and have each one marked for a particular task. The force I'm measuring is in the middle of the scales range and I've put a mark on the scale at the point I've calibrated it for. I think I paid about $20 at Edmund Scientific for 3 scales.
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline traf

• View Profile
Re: Spring Scale for pinch roller adjustment
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 01:32:41 AM »
I have a number of unused precision spring scales (up to 30N), if still interested, please email me.
Tod