TP-028, Nat Adderley's Work Song is now available

Author Topic: More Info regarding tech experiences  (Read 6764 times)

Offline rbwtapeinterlink-Bob

• For The Love Of Music
    • View Profile
    • Power Telecommunication for business & the church!
More Info regarding tech experiences
« on: September 15, 2007, 03:30:25 PM »
It would be wonderful if all of our friends here who have sent their tape decks in for a refurb would share that info with the rest of us. I am sure everyone would appreciate knowing what your experiences were, what work you had done, how long it took to make repairs, who the tech was and location, and what the general costs were. I have read about shops in Canada, but are there any local shops, especially on the East Coast and near Florida where I plan to move soon.

I am eventually going to have to send my Otari 5050 in for some repairs and want to know where I could get the best work done for money. Not only would this be great reading, just knowing where the good techs are is really good news. My own preference is to find a tech shop not too far away from the Baltimore/Washington DC area. I would hate to have to send my deck all the way to CA if I did not have to. So, sharing this kind of information would be a blessing.

PS: Everyone who gave me feedback regarding cables that are compatable with my Otari 5050 MX and where to purchase them, thank you very much. Some of you even went so far as to research pin configurations which you kindly shared with me. Thanks all and I am humbled by your kindness.

Bob Williams.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 03:39:54 PM by rbwtapeinterlink »
Bob W. (African American) VPI, Ref Standard Grado, Denon 103r, Threshold, DecWare tube pre and Classe pre amp, Jolida tube phono pre amp, (Peter Gunn) modified Magnapan 1.6, Tascam 32-2B & 42B tape decks, Parasound belt drive CD transport, Pacific Valve tube DAC, VPI  TT, various upscale cables.