TP-027, Jerry Garcia / David Grisman wins a Writer's Choice Award from Myles Astor of Positive Feedback Online

Author Topic: Local Techs  (Read 11248 times)

Offline Romo

• Michael Romanowski
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • tapeproject
Local Techs
« on: June 04, 2007, 02:09:13 PM »
Hello Everyone,
We are putting together a list of qualified tech across the country...world for that matter. We thought it would good to include recommendations by asking folks here for personnel that they have had good experience with. We will be reaching out to service centers and studio techs that have experience with tape machines and electronics. If you have anyone that you would recommend, please let us know on this forum. We will then be putting together a list by city as a resource for everyone.
Thanks.
Happy listening
Michael
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 04:42:53 PM by docb »
Managing Director
The Tape Project

Offline classicrecordings

• View Profile
    • Classic Recordings
Re: Lacal Techs
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 02:48:38 PM »
I know a guy in Toronto, that is a superb technician.

Steve has worked on dozen's of pieces of tube and solid state electronics for me as; well bringing back to life a dead Revox A-77. He teaches electronics at Seneca College in Toronto, and is also an electronics designer. He is a great guy who does good work and charges fair rates. He also guarantees his work, which is pretty rare these days!

Steve Nitikman
416-444-1491
Toronto, Canada

I hope this is of some help to anyone in the greater Toronto area.

David Stangret
http://www.classicrecordings.on.ca/
David Stangret
HK Citation 1 Pre-amp, Thorens TD-124, Ortofon 309S arm, SPU cartridges, mono block tube amps, Ars Acoustica LaDiva speakers, and I'm still trying to decide what machine to go with.
http://www.classicrecordings.ca

Offline Romo

• Michael Romanowski
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • tapeproject
Re: Local Techs
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 09:15:46 PM »
Thanks David,
We'll put in the database. We appreciate the info. Always great to know that there are people who back up their work.
What does he design?
Take care.
Michael
Managing Director
The Tape Project