Can you believe it? Tape Project is ten years old! Thanks to everyone who has supported us in introducing studio quality tape reproduction to the audiophile community!

Author Topic: Levee Town  (Read 4769 times)

Offline blaupunk

• View Profile
Levee Town
« on: April 17, 2010, 07:12:36 AM »
Sonny Landreth owns the masters to this reissued expanded master stroke by this slide guitar king.  Think Greg Allman was great?
He was, but Sonny is the current living legend of the genre.
Even if you don't care to consider this title seriously for TP release, do yourself a favor and listen to any Sonny selection on any of his albums for a unique treat.
One of my favorite tunes is "Congo Square" on "South of I-10" release.
If Sonny ever plays in a town/city near you I highly reccommend the effort to see him.  You will, not believe your eyes or ears.
Charles Vonderheid

Offline Dan Robertson

• View Profile
Re: Levee Town
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 09:32:28 AM »
I'll throw in my support for "Saint Sonny". Every album I own of his is fabulous, but my favorite would have to be "Outward Bound". And as blaupunk said, don't miss him live if you get the opportunity! I have great memories of standing in the rain at a concert of his a few years ago...

Dan

Offline docb

• Administrator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 10:02:57 AM »
Sonny Landreth is great. I think there are a few other living legends out there in slide land. Roy Rogers, Bonnie Raitt, Ry Cooder, Alvin Youngblood Hart, Derek Trucks, David Lindley are all amazing players. Be careful what you asked for, if I were King of the Universe the Tape Project might have been the "Strictly Awesome Slide Players on Tape Project"
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 11:41:49 AM »
Yup,.. you can count me in the "tasty side guitar" faction.
I would love to see a tape by one of the folks that Doc mentioned. Just the thought of those shimmering, fluid sides on tape, gets my heart all a-flutter!
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades