Check out the new Tape Project website at tapeproject.com, now with online ordering. Inventory is updated every week, so stop by often to see what we have in stock.

Author Topic: trading tapes/reels  (Read 3926 times)

Offline Gkar

• Randy Warren
    • View Profile
trading tapes/reels
« on: April 17, 2010, 11:04:30 AM »
Not sure if this is allowed here or where to discuss this, but I was wondering about setting up a trade area for trading tapes and reels, in particular, I have some tapes with one good side and/or are on a bad/warped reel and would like to get/trade, etc. for another tape that had the other side in good shape or a reel that was not warped beyond use, also I am accumulating a number of reels and boxes in nice shape that I dumped the tape from as the tape was beyond hope, I am guessing I am not the only one having a bunch of boxes, reels, etc. that would be more useful to someone in need...
"Music possesses far richer means of expression, and it is a more subtle medium in which to translate the thousand shifting moments in the mood of a soul." - Tchaikovsky

Offline mikkelbreiler

• View Profile
Re: trading tapes/reels
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 03:54:31 AM »
Not sure if this is allowed here or where to discuss this, but I was wondering about setting up a trade area for trading tapes and reels, in particular, I have some tapes with one good side and/or are on a bad/warped reel and would like to get/trade, etc. for another tape that had the other side in good shape or a reel that was not warped beyond use, also I am accumulating a number of reels and boxes in nice shape that I dumped the tape from as the tape was beyond hope, I am guessing I am not the only one having a bunch of boxes, reels, etc. that would be more useful to someone in need...

I believe I have a number of 7'' reels in boxes by Scotch, from which I have scrapped the tape - some boxes are plastic and some are cardboard.  qty and style to be determined if there is interest; I will go look in the basement.

I may also have 20+ round plastic boxes where the bottom is gray and the top is see-through old BASF style. I bought a lot of 7'' white setup boxes and moved the reels but I did not throw these out in case I or someone else might find a use for them. I find they pile well and it is quick to see what is inside wo opening up the box. I think most if not near all are wo any writing. I may also have a pile of the round paper inserts for those who like the original BASF / AGFA style content sheets.

-Mikkel