TP-027, Jerry Garcia / David Grisman wins a Writer's Choice Award from Myles Astor of Positive Feedback Online

Author Topic: Wow and fluter meter calibration  (Read 8030 times)

Offline microstrip

• View Profile
Wow and fluter meter calibration
« on: April 26, 2010, 10:05:20 AM »
Another naive question:
How do you calibrate a wow and flutter meter? Apparently one could use a CD recorded with standard tones having a know amount of wow and flutter, but I could not find any reference to such standards.
Francisco

Offline Waltzingbear

• View Profile
Re: Wow and fluter meter calibration
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 02:38:55 AM »
you use a bessel null calibration. if you were a rf engineer you would know how, its not really fun.

or you could pm me and I'll send you a file of a bessel null calibration file to use as a standard.

alan
at
waltzingbear com

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 01:01:05 PM »
Welcome to the forum Alan.
I'm assuming you are the same Alan Garren whose informative posts I see on the Ampex list from time to time.
It's always great to have someone with real technical know how visit us here.
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline Waltzingbear

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 10:59:32 AM »
It is I. My "day" job is keeping Portland Safe for Recording. My night job is scratching away on the fiddle.

Offline microstrip

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 02:42:43 PM »
It is great to have some one who is an expert and also very friendly and helpful - I received today my Panasonic (National)  VP7750A wow and flutter meter and could check its calibration using the test wave Alan supplied. I am an happy man - the VP7750A reads .52% and the test tone wave has .507% flutter. Thanks Alan!

The unit come without a service manual. Do you know where I can find or buy one?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 05:25:41 PM by microstrip »
Francisco

Offline Mikemaxcel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2014, 06:24:39 AM »
If some one got the service manual I would like to have a copy with reasonable payment.