TP-027, Jerry Garcia / David Grisman wins a Writer's Choice Award from Myles Astor of Positive Feedback Online

Author Topic: Something Unconventional  (Read 4077 times)

Offline blaupunk

• View Profile
Something Unconventional
« on: May 02, 2010, 08:16:10 PM »
Now I believe I understand the reason for secrecy in these licensing matters.
However would it be too weird to have a secret ballot of specific titles or music genres to provide thought/guidance to the owners of the TP for what not only is liked, but would sell?

Caution contradicition ahead.

Now as it is quite clear from my recent postings, I am not shy about indicating my preferences which are decidedly not in the 'war horse' or remastered in various formats to within the reasonable resiliency of the master tape's life category.
Let's have something new, different, off the beaten track.

As I have indicated previously I have no interest in comparing one format original or reissue to the TP version ad nauseum; but neither do I begrudge others to partake in that pastime.
If I was a younger man perhaps I would allocate the time, however as a nearly 60 year old, I hear the sounds of the meat wagon as often as the Dolby tones on my Barclay Crocker tapes; think Pictures at an Exhibition Ox Cart.

One of my adult pleasures was and still is discovering new music to savor and enjoy.
The newness of the music is not determined by the age of the performance but the time of discovery.
Get out of the comfort zone and enjoy.

Charles Vonderheid

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Re: Something Unconventional
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 08:41:54 PM »
I'm with you on this CV. The tapes that get the most unwrapping around my house have tended to be the ones I'd never heard before in any format.
I'm sure we understand the need for trotting out these old warhorses since they sell subscriptions like nothing else. But I too would like to see at least one "off the beaten track" release in each series.
I really liked you suggestion for Jr Brown and even though I'm not familiar with particular albums or seen him live, I've seen him on TV and wow! Talk about exciting!

Keep em coming!
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades