TP-027, Jerry Garcia / David Grisman wins a Writer's Choice Award from Myles Astor of Positive Feedback Online

Author Topic: Mark Knopfler/Emmylou Harris: All the Roadrunning  (Read 4938 times)

Offline analogmaster

• View Profile
Mark Knopfler/Emmylou Harris: All the Roadrunning
« on: May 03, 2010, 06:15:41 AM »
This recording mastered by Stan Ricker on vinyl is perhaps one of my favorite recordings of all time.  It has something for everyone on it and it would probably push our beloved format to the max.  It would sound awsome I'm sure and it probably wouldn't be difficult to license.  What does everybody think?  Please consider it.
Taj Madiwale
Magnepan 20.1s, Nola thunderbolt subs, Pass Labs X600.5s and XP25 phonostage, ARC Ref 3 pre and Ref 8 CD, VPI Ref Scoutmaster/10.5 arm/Dynavector XV1S cart, Tascam BR20 R2R with United Home Audio Phase 5 upgrade.

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Re: Mark Knopfler/Emmylou Harris: All the Roadrunning
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 12:20:38 PM »
Wow, another great suggestion Tom. I saw these guys on TV on (IIRC) VH1 or something like that. Talk about a great pairing.
It was one of those things that I when I saw it, I knew that I wanted to get it, but my tired old brain just let it slip out of it's tenuous grasp.
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline steveidosound

• View Profile
Re: Mark Knopfler/Emmylou Harris: All the Roadrunning
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 11:47:57 AM »
I have the vinyl and it is really good. But are the masters analog? it's pretty new.
Steve Williams

you don't want to know what equipment I listen to...