TP-027, Jerry Garcia / David Grisman wins a Writer's Choice Award from Myles Astor of Positive Feedback Online

Author Topic: Takin names  (Read 4921 times)

Offline blaupunk

• View Profile
Takin names
« on: May 19, 2010, 08:09:06 PM »
While we are in flights of fancy, with your permission please allow me to perpetuate the delusion;
Santana
Self Titled
Abraxas
Santana 3
Welcome
Lotus
Steve Miller Band
Sailor
Brave New World
Seals & Croft- Anything
Lauren & Novarro-Anything
Nitty Gritty Dirt Band- Uncle Charlie and his Dog Teddy
Grateful Dead
Live Dead
American Beauty
Neil Young
Self Titled
Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere
After The Goldrush
Harvest
Harry Nillson
Nillson Schmillson
Son of Schmillson
Pussycats
Anything else
John Prine-Almost anything
Buddy Miles- Band of Gypsys
American Flag-anything
Pearls Before Swine-Anything
Tracy Nelson and Mother Earth-Anything
Its a Beautiful Day-anything
Jefferson Airplane
Bathing at Baxters
Volunteers
Earth Opera- American Eagle Tragedy
Kinks
Arthur
Mushwell Hillbillies
Lola versus Powerman
Emmy Lou Harris -anything
Byrds-almost anything but especially Sweethearts of the Rodeo
Chicago- first three albums
Blood Sweat and Tears- first two or three albums
Simon and Garfunkel-Bookends
You get the idea.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 08:24:36 PM by blaupunk »
Charles Vonderheid

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Re: Takin names
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 09:53:49 PM »
Wow CV!
Looks like you've got a little too much time on your hands!
Just kidding buddy.

From this and other suggestions, I would guess that you're from the SF Bay Area. What,.. no Journey? (now I'm really kidding)

From this list, the ones that really stuck me was Uncle Charlie and his Dog Teddy. I really spun that one for all it was worth. Great stuff (and those guys were always a pleasure to see live,.. first time I ever heard of Steve Martin when he was their opening act).

Band of Gypsys/American Flag then how about taking it one further and putting in Super Session with the Bloomfield connection?

I think there's a copy of John Prine's "Sweet Revenge" out in the garage. The last time I saw him was at the Atlanta Symphony Hall and Leon Redbone was the warm up act. Prine started his set by saying how he'd gotten extra dressed up since it was in such a nice venue. He even put a carnation in his lapel but it fell in the toilet when he bent over to flushed it. He claimed it was an act of God.

steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline steveidosound

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 10:04:51 AM »
The original "live in studio" "Will the Circle Be Unbroken" by the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band with a supporting cast of anybody who was somebody in country music would be an absolute gem for the Tape Project. It always sounded wonderful on vinyl. It is a 3 disc set though on vinyl so it would be a 5-6 reeler!
Steve Williams

you don't want to know what equipment I listen to...

Offline steveidosound

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 07:20:51 AM »
Circle II has it's own great set of stars and is only 2 discs on vinyl. Not so sure if that one is in the era of digital masters however.
I am still holding out for "Roses in the Snow" by Emmylou Harris with it's own who's who of musicians. One of my favorite albums of all time for both the music and recording.
Steve Williams

you don't want to know what equipment I listen to...