TP-027, Jerry Garcia / David Grisman wins a Writer's Choice Award from Myles Astor of Positive Feedback Online

Author Topic: Daptone Records video  (Read 4155 times)

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Daptone Records video
« on: May 21, 2010, 09:29:21 PM »
Here's an MTV video visit to a bastion of analog recording in Brooklyn. Time to play, name that machine.
BTW the sidebar has some other nice videos of artists and more nuts and bolts from Daptone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wmdDYUFfMM
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline steveidosound

• View Profile
Re: Daptone Records video
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 12:22:02 AM »
3M 2 track and MR70 based 8 track?
I like this ! :-)
Steve Williams

you don't want to know what equipment I listen to...

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 02:12:33 PM »
I'm always happy to see interest in producing good soul and gospel music. I think it's been badly neglected by the major labels. Of course, I grew up in the south where that kind of music was everywhere.

BTW, don't forget about the machine in their basement studio.
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline steveidosound

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 10:45:34 AM »
I'm always happy to see interest in producing good soul and gospel music. I think it's been badly neglected by the major labels. Of course, I grew up in the south where that kind of music was everywhere.

BTW, don't forget about the machine in their basement studio.

Otari!
I love it when people get good results without being hung up on having the _very_best_ equipment.
He did say he had some Radio Shack condenser mics (made by Shure - I have some too) laying around.
Though if those were MR70 electronics in the 8 channel Ampex that is pretty unbeatable.
Steve Williams

you don't want to know what equipment I listen to...