Check out the new Tape Project website at tapeproject.com, now with online ordering. Inventory is updated every week, so stop by often to see what we have in stock.

Author Topic: Capital AudioFest  (Read 4432 times)

Offline blaupunk

• View Profile
Capital AudioFest
« on: May 22, 2010, 03:47:08 PM »
As our friend Greg from United Audio has posted once before, the first and hopefully not the last Capital Audiofest is coming up in just a few weeks in June down in Rockville Md.  Check out the web site for particulars.
Those of you in the Mid Atlantic/Virginia region know that it has been quite some time since the demise of the Washington DC audio shows.
Now is a great time to vote with your feet and show up to support this event.
I feel certain that Greg will be playing TP tapes on his RTR rig(s).
That alone is worth the ride for me.
I have no financial interest in the event or any of the exhibitors, merely the self interest of a music listener and hi fi enthusiast.  I do not consider myself a 'hobbyist' which seems to be the latest adjective to be tagged with by our own audio press.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 08:00:28 PM by blaupunk »
Charles Vonderheid

Offline Greg Beron

• View Profile
    • United Home Audio
Re: Capital AudioFest
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 04:26:27 PM »
Hi blaupunk,
You bet we will be playing Tape Project tapes!

United Home Audio will have the largest room at the show, the first room to the right as you walk in the Glenview Mansion. We'll also be doing a raffle for a Jolida FX-10 tube amp, ($450) so make sure everyone comes by to enter.

On our large $130,000 MBL system we will have two UHA-HQ R2R tape decks as the source, a Phase4 and the all new Phase6, (we may have a CD player on it but I doubt we will play it). The new Phase6 deck is two models up from the Phase4 that won a "Golden Ear Award" from The Absolute Sound Magazine. So that will be very a very interesting listen.

I will also have tapes I recorded from a $100K vinyl system onto the Phase6 deck.
Not to mention a couple of "0 generation" Master Tapes recorded by Kostas Metaxus directly to a 1/4", 15ips tape.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Greg

UNITED HOME AUDIO
UHA Reel To Reel tape decks / High End Audio
WASHINGTON DC / MARYLAND / VIRGINIA
www.unitedhomeaudio.com

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Re: Capital AudioFest
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 04:35:13 PM »
Ah-ha! So that's who bought those Kostas tapes.
That makes sense now that I think about it.
I certainly expect to hear a full report on the sound on those!
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades