Can you believe it? Tape Project is ten years old! Thanks to everyone who has supported us in introducing studio quality tape reproduction to the audiophile community!

Author Topic: BBC Radio Workshop  (Read 3325 times)

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
BBC Radio Workshop
« on: May 26, 2010, 02:51:29 AM »
I've seen little bits of this program before on YouTube. There are 6 parts in all and tonight, I just couldn't stop watching it.
It's a really fascinating story of a small department of the BBC that produced some of their incidental music and soundtracks. But it's also a great intro to some of the experimental music of the era.
And while you may not have been a fan of experimental music of that era, it was fertile ground and for a musician, nothing is as exciting as that.
There is plenty of tape related stuff to watch and in particular, keep an eye on the machine in the spotlight at the 2:50 mark of part 2. Aside from the guy with the long hair,.. what's up with that!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKPGzX5kZd0&feature=related
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline kipdent

• View Profile
Re: BBC Radio Workshop
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 08:10:15 AM »
Just fantastic, Steve! Can you imagine how fun it would have been to have worked there? I play the piano every day and compose pieces that will never see the light of day outside my living room, but I bet I could have had some make it to a broadcast had I worked in that lab! And all those beautiful vintage R2R machines including the A80... It's all just too much!

Kip
Kip Peterson
Vintage-centric system with Apogee Acoustics Scintilla ribbon loudspeakers, Micro Seiki RX-5000 turntable and other odd bits of tube and solid state gear. Now a proud owner of a Studer A80 RC Mk II tape machine!