Check out the new Tape Project website at tapeproject.com, now with online ordering. Inventory is updated every week, so stop by often to see what we have in stock.

Author Topic: East Coast Tape Deck & Audio Tech Service  (Read 6928 times)

Offline rbwtapeinterlink-Bob

• For The Love Of Music
    • View Profile
    • Power Telecommunication for business & the church!
East Coast Tape Deck & Audio Tech Service
« on: May 22, 2010, 09:03:24 AM »

Good morning all,

If you live on the East Coast and don't want to send your tape decks half way around the country, go to www.just-audio.com
I found this place by accident when I called Parasound for information about repair of my Parasound 2000 Belt Drive CD Transport. By the way, they did an outstanding repair and replaced the belt and laser unit.

When I visited this establishment I was surprised to find that they are also authorized to service Technics and Tascam/Teac equipment. I was invited back into the service area while John checked out the turntable motor I recently took in for repair. I noted they had a fully stocked service area with various scopes, analyzers, meters, etc, to do professional work. I know of many tech shops that don't want visitors to see their shop area where whey have a VTVM and maybe an Ohm meter but call themselves a repair service. Not the case here at "Just Audio"!

So, if you don't want to have to send your Tape Deck or vintage tube or transistor components half way around the country for repair, go to www.just-audio.com or call John at (410) 882-4360
He is a great guy and loves working on great equipment.

Bob
Bob W. (African American) VPI, Ref Standard Grado, Denon 103r, Threshold, DecWare tube pre and Classe pre amp, Jolida tube phono pre amp, (Peter Gunn) modified Magnapan 1.6, Tascam 32-2B & 42B tape decks, Parasound belt drive CD transport, Pacific Valve tube DAC, VPI  TT, various upscale cables.

Offline blaupunk

• View Profile
Re: East Coast Tape Deck & Audio Tech Service
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 03:38:05 PM »
Robert good to hear from you again.
As I am in Anne Arundel County this is nice news to have available for future needs.

Don't be a stranger.

As I know you enjoy choral/vocal music, here is a CD you might enjoy;
The Dale Warland Singers
"Blue Wheat"  (A harvest of American Folksongs)
The recording is by American Choral Catalog Ltd.
Charles Vonderheid